Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #11
Ed Hayes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Light Bulb

Is it possible to have more than one
assassin some how. You only get one dagger.
Would be nice to have 2 or 3 of them.
Ed Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 06:06 AM   #12
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The dagger survives Reset Adventures. Therefore, you can collect as many daggers as you want in the end. I have 4 daggers now: one of them is enchanted and used as the second weapon, the remaining three are used for "training" Deathstrike and promoting assassins.
2. If you aren't patched then you need not lose the dagger and still be promoted to an assassin. Enter pawn shop with your future assassin AND with another character, wait until the guy in the shop starts the promoting ceremony (rogue, you have the assassin dagger...), open the future assassin's inventory and pass the dagger (it's still there!) to the other character immediately. Close the inventory and let the promotion continue. You will end with a new assassin AND the dagger.
The patch fixes this bug in the game. You will lose the dagger immediately so that you won't have time to pass it to another character in a patched game.

Note: If you are using the dagger as a second weapon then do not forget to leave the dagger in the inn whenever you are about entering a Pawn Shop. Otherwise, you will trigger the assassin promotion once the owner of the dagger becomes active in the shop. This could be critical in a patched game: the dagger could become a history suddenly [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am playing an unpatched game.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:54 AM   #13
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
1. The dagger survives Reset Adventures. Therefore, you can collect as many daggers as you want in the end. I have 4 daggers now: one of them is enchanted and used as the second weapon, the remaining three are used for "training" Deathstrike and promoting assassins.
2. If you aren't patched then you need not lose the dagger and still be promoted to an assassin. Enter pawn shop with your future assassin AND with another character, wait until the guy in the shop starts the promoting ceremony (rogue, you have the assassin dagger...), open the future assassin's inventory and pass the dagger (it's still there!) to the other character immediately. Close the inventory and let the promotion continue. You will end with a new assassin AND the dagger.
The patch fixes this bug in the game. You will lose the dagger immediately so that you won't have time to pass it to another character in a patched game.

Note: If you are using the dagger as a second weapon then do not forget to leave the dagger in the inn whenever you are about entering a Pawn Shop. Otherwise, you will trigger the assassin promotion once the owner of the dagger becomes active in the shop. This could be critical in a patched game: the dagger could become a history suddenly [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am playing an unpatched game.
Good stuff as usual Radek.
I run a Radeon card, so I must use the patch in order to use the Radeon patch or I will go crazy trying to hit thy enemy, and pick up stuff. But I unpatch for the Assassin ascension, use the mule for the ceremony, then put all back in the Inn, and repatch. This is where it gets tricky, or like you said, "the dagger becomes part of history".

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:28 AM   #14
bsftcs
Red Dragon

One always gets a chance to decline the assassin promotion. So the dagger will not automatically be taken by the shop-keeper when entering a shop.

[ 08-29-2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 09-02-2003, 03:13 PM   #15
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
One always gets a chance to decline the assassin promotion. So the dagger will not automatically be taken by the shop-keeper when entering a shop.
Yes, that is an option. But you also lose the chance of becomming an assassin until the time comes to reset adventures.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote