Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Cha-Ching

Quote:
New Star Wars film 'on cards'
By Stephen Fenech

May 24, 2007 12:00

STAR WARS fans will sense a disturbance in the force amid rampant rumours that a new movie set before the prequels is to be announced in LA tomorrow.

The news of the "huge" announcement by Star Wars creator George Lucas comes on the 30th anniversary of the first film.

Chris Brennan, a member of Star Walking Inc - the Australian Star Wars appreciation society, is in LA for the offcial convention Celebration IV at the Los Angeles Covention Centre.

He said the rumours sweeping the venue is that Lucas will announce a new Star Wars movie is in the works.

Reports have been circling among fans and on the internet of a new Star Wars movie or movies set before the recent prequels at the time of Old Republic when the Jedi regained control of the galaxy from the Dark Lords of the Sith.

"He did make a slip in an interview a couple of weeks ago and say something about a forthcoming movie,'' Brennan said.

"The reporter went back to him and said `did you say movie?'

"George said no he didn't say that and tried to cover it up.''

Lucas has already confirmed a Star Wars live action TV series will be filmed in Australia from next year and will be set between the recent Episode III and the original 1977 Star Wars film which is Episode IV.

Despite opening in just 32 US theatres (Spiderman 3 recently premiered in 4324 US theatres) across the US on May 25, 1977 it went on to be the second highest grossing film all time behind Titanic.

Australian actors Bruce Spence who appeared in Episode III as Tion Medon as well as Zac Jensen, who played Jedi knight Kit Fitso in Episodes II and III, will be special guests at Celebration IV which will attract more than 60,000 fans, many in the costume of their favourite character.

They will join other cast members from all six films including Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Anthony Daniels (C3P0) and Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) at the convention.
Brennan says LA has been caught up in Star Wars fever.

"Just walking down the street here every second person is a Star Wars fan,'' he said.

"It's a big feeling of brotherhood and sisterhood.''

When asked why he was such a big Star Wars fan Brennan said: "It all comes down to the escapism. People can sit down and start watching Star Wars, any of the films, and get totally absorbed and get transported to a galaxy far, far away.''

Star Walking Inc is organising its own convention to mark the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars premiere in Australian on the 21-22nd October in Melbourne.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
"I sense a disturbance in the Force."
"...It was as though millions of voices cried out at once, then just vanished."
"I've got a bad feeling about this"

I think that tells all.

Just thought to add, I hope these new movies can prove me wrong, For the most part, the prequels were a bit of a let down in relation to the originals.

[ 05-24-2007, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

A bit of a let down? Just a bit, huh? It's as if Lucas made them for people who watched the originals, then aged backwards.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im thinking of sequels .. i would wonder if they would follow the books. then again, hard to replace luke and the rest of the cast.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

I love the Star Wars universe... so I give Lucas credit for being a major player in it's design.

Having said that... he should leave making star wars movies to better writers.

I'd love to see a Star Wars trilogy based during the "Knights of the Old Republic" years. That would have HUGE potential... more Sith, more Jedi, both orders at the top of their game instead of shadows of their former glory.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Before the prequels? Knights of the Old Republic - The Movie!
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
What I really would have liked to see is a movie with a plot drawn from some of the novels... Specifically, the Grand Admiral Thrawn books, or the Jedi Search trilogy. Now THAT would have been awesome to see.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote