Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #61
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Glycerine_74:
quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
You have some nerve to tell me how I should feel when you haven't been in this situation at all.
I merely stated my opinion and what I thought the problem was. If you have an issue with that, go read your own post again and pay special attention to the last part where you tell me it's your opinion and to just deal with it, etc.

Quote:
It's absolutely wonderful for you to preach your 'all-knowing' ways, but let me tell you something. You know nothing about my life or my father or myself. Yorick asked for an opinion on the game and I gave it.
I don't need to know anything about you, your family, or your situation to see the problem. I understand that you are upset about your father's addiction, but trash-talking the game and blaming it all on Blizzard won't change anything. I know this because I went through the same thing with my dad in his EQ days. Have you ever had to tell a 7 year old that her grandpa isn't coming to her birthday party because he has to stay at home and do a guild raid? It's not fun, let me assure you. Was I pissed? Of course! Did I talk to him about it? No, and you want to know why? If he misses out on his granddaughters growing up, it's his own fault. If the game is more important to him, so be it. He's a grown man who's going to do what he wants, just like your dad. Me bitching and complaining to him about it solves nothing, and only served to anger me more and drive him further into his game. He eventually quit EQ in his own time, and with no intervention or direction from me.

Oh, and you didn't give Yorrik your opinions on the game. Not a single line of any post in this thread from you has anything to do with WoW at all, it's all about your dad and his problem. I can understand your frustration, but trolling MMO boards in an effort to save another poor soul from this "terrible", "life stealing" and "soul crushing" game doesn't help your dad or your family in any way. On the upside I guess if Yorrick really wants to know how you feel about WoW and not about your father's addiction, he could just read your "Massive compilation of everything WoW" sticky. One might assume that sometime in the not-so-distant past you actually liked the game, and quite well to create such a lengthy and informative post.

Quote:
It really pisses me off when I say something semi-personal and give a firsthand account of what the game can do to you, and then people start attacking me for what I said. If you have a problem with what I said, deal with it. It's my opinion, my life, my thoughts. You can't change that. So next time don't be such an insensitive clod when you know absolutely nothing about the situation.
Check my post again, I didn’t attack you at all. I just conveyed what I thought to be the problem, albeit with a hint of sarcasm that probably wasn’t needed. It really pisses me off to see people like you post about how it’s all Blizzard’s fault, and how they need to do something, and how they intentionally made WoW to be a grindfest so people will become addicted. I’ve played just about every single major MMO ever released, and they all do essentially the same thing, WoW just does it better and easier.

Seriously, go back and read through your replies and you’ll see that through six different posts and multiple paragraphs of text you accomplished absolutely nothing and didn’t even answer the original poster’s question. He asked what people thought of the game, to which your first reply was about burning Blizzard’s offices down should you ever set foot in their neighborhood. Each subsequent reply held no information about the game itself, just more about how your father neglects everything in his life to play it. I do sympathize with you, as stated above my dad was an EQ addict for years. However, I don’t care for your attacks against Blizzard and what many people believe to be a very fun game simply because your father has a problem that he is too stubborn or afraid to deal with. I learned a long time ago that you can’t force change on someone, they have to willingly accept it, otherwise it’s pointless. You and your family can scream and yell at your dad all day long, but until he can “grow up” enough to listen to all of you and understand that he does have a problem there is nothing that’s going to change him. Hopefully he’ll be like my dad and just realize one day what a colossal waste of time spending every waking hour playing WoW is.

I've known many addicts, hooked on everything from pills to booze, and they all share one simple thing in common: Poor choices! The simple problem here is your dad CHOOSES to sit on his ass and play WoW all day. End of story, end of commentary, end of discussion. The problem rests squarely in his lap, and your “personal crusade against the evil Blizzard Entertainment” changes nothing. I hope things get better for you and your family, I truly do. I also hope that your negative posts regarding an otherwise exceptional game don't deter someone from trying something they may really enjoy.

glyc
[/QUOTE]You know what? I wrote a whole giant response to what you wrote and even posted it, but I decided to delete it. Because I don't have to respond to your flame baiting bullshit. Especially when a moderator said

Quote:
Guys lets keep the discussion on your opinion of the game, not of SM's opinion of the game and how it has affected his life & family.
So I'm done. I don't have to answer to you, there are no obligations no nothing. This thread was beaten dead awhile ago, maybe more sensible people can add constructive contributions to the discussion at hand. Something better than ego bashing.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #62
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Let's get back on track then!

Warcraft in my opinion is one of the greatest games I have ever played/continue to play.

While strangely it is not my favorite, I must admit that I have sunk more time into it than almost any other thing in my life apart from sleep

And yes I saw the south park episode and thought it was hilarious
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #63
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Actually Secretmaster I wish you hadnt deleted it.I would have gotten a good laugh out of it.

Edit: Settle the language down mate.

[ 01-09-2007, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 01-09-2007, 12:42 AM   #64
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Actually Secretmaster I wish you hadnt deleted it. Because Glycerines post made a lot more sense than you're ********* ranting. I would have gotten a good laugh out of it.
Well then that's a pity.

[ 01-09-2007, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 AM   #65
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

OK thats its.

Thread is closed. Pity we can't keep all this on track.