Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 12:55 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm sure he hasn't changed his views in that matter Whackmiester. Arledrian is right, sometimes Yorick shares older music that isn't earning or that he and his collaborators want to share. It's pretty darned generous of him and I'm REALLY glad he does! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 05:01 PM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Whackmeister, the crucial point is that Yorick as the artist *chooses* to share his music with us. That is a world apart from an artist whose works are stolen, i.e. shared without his permission. So the fact that Yorick shares these songs says nothing about his views on illegal downloading.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:20 PM   #13
Son of Osiris

Oh. Okay. Carry on.

Old 04-07-2004, 11:38 PM   #14
Ehrys
Manshoon

Yorick (Hugh?)... dude these are GREAT! What happened with the band? It's a shame... I really like your sound.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Arledrian, I really like your sig. Love the font. It's a cool name too.

Ehrys.... if I truly knew the answer..... it's an essay in itself. A loooong story. The other three were brothers, so they keep going. Some time after me, they reformed with another guy and called themselves Invertigo. They had another couple of hits with him. Were bigger than when I was with them. But then I guess the same happened for the singer left before they released their long awaited album. Or something... they had two albums, they decided not to release one and went back in the studio to do another... oh who knows.

The BAND were great. The guys fantastic. I was great great friends with the drummer/writer/programmer Vince Leigh. We have since resolved to the point where six months ago he asked me to sing for them again.

However dealing with the bands management was an incredibly stressful experience. I won't say any more about that.

As for rejoining, I was open, but my life has changed. I don't want to move back to Australia - to Melbourne. I have a world here in NYC, in the Northern hemisphere. I have musical projects I'm working on, the church that I'm helping build. Just not the right time.

I am really glad you guys like the songs. They do nothing sitting unheard. I make music for people to hear and enjoy. I sing not just for myself, but for others. I've long held the idea, that musical talent doesn't just belong to the person it's given to, but to the human society as a whole. That idea compels me to do whatever I can to share what I've been given.

So that's really cool you enjoyed them. I'm gradually putting more and more stuff on my site. There are literally hundreds of songs I've recorded over the years.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Well done, Hugh! I loved those songs and I also enjoyed the ones on the website. "Here we go" was really good
Thanks mate. "Here we go" is one song I'd like to release on an album this year. I recently got a drummer to lay live drums to it, and replayed the guitars in. to how it sounds now.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #17
WillowIX
Apophis

Great Yorick, and many thanks for sharing them! I'll go get them immediately. And as I have said earlier; if you are able to set up some method of paying for downloads, I'd love to get your other songs as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Whackmeister, the crucial point is that Yorick as the artist *chooses* to share his music with us. That is a world apart from an artist whose works are stolen, i.e. shared without his permission. So the fact that Yorick shares these songs says nothing about his views on illegal downloading.
Precisely. [img]smile.gif[/img] Cheers Sah!

Old 04-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Great Yorick, and many thanks for sharing them! I'll go get them immediately. And as I have said earlier; if you are able to set up some method of paying for downloads, I'd love to get your other songs as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
O.k... I'll look into that. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #20
Ehrys
Manshoon

Very cool... look forward to hearing some more stuff from you.