Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2001, 11:33 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Many will consider this cheating, and I don't usually cheat either, but considering I have completed the game many times already, I want to cut short an activity I am sure many indulge in.

Rolling your Avatar's stats... ...

Rolling, rolling, rolling. Rolling, rolling, rolling. ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Is there a way to manually edit the stats? I am NOT going to put all 18 if that is what you are thinking. I just want to be able to get the stats I believe are ideal for my Avatar.

18 Int for mages, 18 Str for fighters, etc... ...

So is there a way? I hope so, because I am going to burst a vein if I have to roll my stats for another half-an-hour... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 01:40 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

use SHADOWKEEPER the new version that works with TOB you can find it at
http:/www.Tgeweb.com/ironworks/bauldersgate2/editors.shtml

then just accept the stats you get and move on. start your game get to the point you can save game and save then quit the game open SHADOWKEEPER and put in what stats you want, could it be any easier? good night

------------------
The Blade Makes The Man
The Man Made The Blade
Death To All That Stand
In Their Way! BEWARE ALL!
TheCrimsomBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 01:56 AM   #3
fckoln
Dungeon Master

I have found something that bugs when using SK. Don't manipulate your saved game while in the pocket plane. When I have tried this, the game will shut down when I try to leave. This only happens when I've used Sk on a saved game in the pocket plane. Hope this helps...
fckoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 02:11 AM   #4
Lestat
Manshoon

While using Shadow Keeper, don't do anything out of the ordinary! Stats, doesnt matter, Resistances, try to keep the resonable. NO SCREWING THE CLASS DATA! Don't make a monk inquistodor, it WILL crash your game. No items you havent gotten already, no Innate spells you havent heard of, and dont even think about setting a proficiency to 7. Keep your HP reasonable and changing your sprite model is a MAJOR no-no.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 07:23 AM   #5
homsuplee
Dungeon Master

I found a way to give myself permanent improved alacrity though. Interesting little tidbit.

------------------
Death comes for you, FEEL IT'S ICY TOUCH
homsuplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 07:37 AM   #6
Cleric 2
Manshoon

I give my self a "use all" abbility,

I just would be able to use a bow
(now Im a Cleric whit the short bow of gesen )
Cleric 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 08:40 AM   #7
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Many will consider this cheating, and I don't usually cheat either, but considering I have completed the game many times already, I want to cut short an activity I am sure many indulge in.

Rolling your Avatar's stats... ...

Rolling, rolling, rolling. Rolling, rolling, rolling. ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Is there a way to manually edit the stats? I am NOT going to put all 18 if that is what you are thinking. I just want to be able to get the stats I believe are ideal for my Avatar.

18 Int for mages, 18 Str for fighters, etc... ...

So is there a way? I hope so, because I am going to burst a vein if I have to roll my stats for another half-an-hour... ...

If you've got good old Debug mode on, all you have to do is press crtl-8 on the stat generation screen and hey presto - they all switch to 18. If you don't want them to stay that way, simply take a few points off here and there.

Also bear in mind that it sets them to 18 even if that's not normally possible for their race (elves with CON 18 etc), so if you want the character to be 'by the book' ensure these values are accurate. Plus, some races can go over 18, so you will have to adjust these aswell.

This function is a godsend.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-26-2001).]
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 12:58 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
If you've got good old Debug mode on, all you have to do is press crtl-8 on the stat generation screen and hey presto - they all switch to 18. If you don't want them to stay that way, simply take a few points off here and there.

Also bear in mind that it sets them to 18 even if that's not normally possible for their race (elves with CON 18 etc), so if you want the character to be 'by the book' ensure these values are accurate. Plus, some races can go over 18, so you will have to adjust these aswell.

This function is a godsend.

umm, he just said he didnt want to do that...

id say use SK, but try not to give yourself godly stats or anything like that (i.e., nothing over racial limits). when i use SK to edit stats, i give some to one stat and take some from another. dont like 'cheating'. and if you create the innate ability, you can use it! i gave a few of my characters all four Super Saiyan transformation spells...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 02:13 PM   #9
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
umm, he just said he didnt want to do that...
True, but they don't have to remain at 18. Since this is at the point where characters stats would be rolled normally, all you have to do is use the + and -keys next to the stats to level the characters out.

Remember, you don't need to use all the points allocated to you, simply adjust them so they're not godlike and press accept. Et Voila!

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 02:56 PM   #10
Dramnek_Ulk

Stats of 18 are not godlike, stats of 21+ are godlike.

------------------
Where ever the journey will take us all
Be sure that our nature will reign