Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2001, 03:59 AM   #1
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I have been killing everything relatively easy up until this battle. I believe I am at level 20 or 21 and my equipment is tops:gaxx,vecna,boots speed, staff the apprentices make you, the ring of bonus spells, the amulet of vocalize and quicker casting, etc,etc.

Seeing as how I am evil and I never fought this guy before, when he tells me to get on my knees and apologize I just lose it. This starts the battle.

I cast time stop right away. Give em 2 Abi's Hwilting, and throw in a Wail of the Banshee just before TS runs out. Half of his party dies, he has one chick that is uninjured and Drizzt is barely injured. I run to buy some time, but the girl starts casting and Drizzt dispels my protections somehow? Or hits me about 5 times a round, either way stoneskin is gone and it is reload time.

What's going on with this guy, is he really that tough? I tried again with blur/m.image/armour on contingency and dropped the wail(didn't seem to do anything) and summoned a couple skeletons instead. Get one up, TS runs out as I am casting the second one and the first one is bones before the second one is standing.

No, I don't want to take it off insane.

Yes, I want to kill this guy even if his help would be appreciated for a later battle.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:42 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

He shouldnt be that hard, but since you're on insane, that oughta explain it i guess. Anywayz, protection from magical weapons should get you invulnerable to his attacks. Just make sure you have something like SPELLSHIELD, or SPELLTRAP , so your protection can not be removed.

Also, since you seem to be able to kill his fellows rather easy, try to use two TS's. In one you deal with the rest of his party through ABi dalzim's. The second stop, you should try NOT to hurt Drizzt, but INcapacitate him. Either by feeblemind, or polymorph, hold person etc.
Another tactic would be to MAZE drizzt during the first TS, so he wont bother you for a while.
hope this helps a little [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2001, 08:59 AM   #3
Tom
Elminster

Well, if you have Mordenkainen sword it should be easy cuz his party is mostly fighter so itll be hard to kill a mordenkainen.

Cast time stop the second the battle starts, spawn a mordenkainensword, run away, when time stop ends, get as many mordens as possible, it might take time, but they die.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 10:00 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
I cast time stop right away. Give em 2 Abi's Hwilting, and throw in a Wail of the Banshee just before TS runs out. Half of his party dies, he has one chick that is uninjured and Drizzt is barely injured. I run to buy some time, but the girl starts casting and Drizzt dispels my protections somehow? Or hits me about 5 times a round, either way stoneskin is gone and it is reload time.

Your first concern is to remove Cattie Brie and Drizzt's magic resistance. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of 80%. You should have time to lower each of their resistances twice and still fire off three offensive area of effect spells. Forget the Wail of the Banshee. All of these are high levels characters and will likely pass their saving throw. Throw another damaging spell in.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
What's going on with this guy, is he really that tough?

Yes. But without his resistance to magic, he's a cream puff.

It is possible, just a tough battle. I would set one contigency to stoneskin (50% hp) and your chain con. for stoneskin, mirror image, and blur. If you have spell trigger (3 flame arrows, or 3 melf's acid). Minor sequencer two melf's acid, spell sequencer to three melf's acid arrows. Once you drop their resistance, use your area of effect spells...Abi's two or three times, then fire your spell trigger and sequencers at Drizzt and Cattie Brie.

Although I had access to a couple more high level abilities, here's some screenshots.

Poor Drizzt
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote