Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-01-2000, 04:27 AM   #1
voodoo

Am I stupid, insane, prone to fantasy, if I think I can take out Naga with Level 8 characters??? I've tried a bunch o' times and got my head handed to me on a plate. Am I better off running away, doing some other crap and coming back at a higher level? I don't want to just kill her, I want to stomp a mud-hole in her and wear her ass as a hat when I'm done. I've killed everything in the temple with a heartbeat but her.

Thanks,

Old 12-01-2000, 04:29 AM   #2
voodoo

Oops, I have 3 Fighters, a Rogue, Wizard and a Priest. All 8th level

Old 12-01-2000, 05:09 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Do you mean everyone with a heartbeat, except the Naga (and the High Priestess Elyssia and her 10 experienced magic toting henchman who will probably kick my ass just as badly as Xydusia don't you).

Tips on beating the Naga. Cast your most wicked spell available while she is talking and run on in. She takes more harm from physical attacks than magic - don't trade spells from range because she will make a light snack outta you. She likes to attack the last person who atacked her - so work out the pattern of her attacks - it may be better to forgo an attack opportunity from someone weak or wounded rather than risk hitting her and that character getting killed (good time to use heal or cure poison or stone to flesh - take it from another character who has it if need be). Use the potion from Kerialle if you have it - gives you 10 seconds of paralysis or so to whack away before she comes around. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2000, 06:01 AM   #4
Astyanax12

To get some more experience you could go do some jazz over at the far side of Ishad N'ha. You can't finish the castle and kill Haleabus without the mask from the serpent priestess, but that can wait.

You could go back and finish off the Valeia quests, if you are still at 8 then there must be some left. Also try changing the frequency of random beasties on the configuration options to frequent/hard, every little helps.

And there is always good old Rumphy. He gives you more experience that you are really entitled to every time you splat him. And he reappears every time you re-enter the crypt.

Old 12-01-2000, 06:01 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Other Naga strategies:

Cast "Lure" (2nd level Vine spell) on your strongest character and let him/her take the beating; the Naga will target him/her 9 times out of 10. The other characters can then go to town on her.

Also cast: Bloodlust (if you don't have Fiend magic yet, you probably have plenty of Bloodlust potions that the Trolls and Rogues have dropped, or stock up on some from Wizard Guild), Haste (2nd level Vine spell), Bless (2nd level Vine spell), and, if you have it, Merlin's Shield (5th level Stone spell) on the character you cast Lure on, as well as other characters. Run in to close range with the Naga, "use" Kerielle's elixir on her, and go to town on her.

Hope this helps!

Sazerac
Old 12-01-2000, 11:22 PM   #6
Kore'tha-Konkoror

What are you character's stats? I juse walked up to her with my two warriors, two wizards, rogue and priest and womped on her good. She died in like 3 or 4 mins and none of my guys died or even got stoned once. I even had diff on normal. Do you have it on hard perhaps? With three fighters you should just walk up to her and beat her down in melee combat.

Old 12-02-2000, 05:33 AM   #7
voodoo

Here's my problem. My mucho grande spell is metor. Means nothing to Naga. My 3 fighters are equiped with the following 2 bastard swords, a +1 long sword, my roque has Shinwiki's Spear, my mage and my priest have Witch's Sticks. I don't have the stone to flesh spell and my party seems to have a weakness to Stone spells. It seems that I can't do damage to Naga without taking a supreme beating. Tried Bless, same crap, head handed back on plate. All my party is groomed for role ascensions, should I come back with 3 Samauri, a Ninja, Warlock and a Monk? I haven't been to Ishad N'Ha yet, go there now? I found Serpent Temple first.