Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2000, 12:38 AM   #1
Bigdog

Okay I was traveling to Shuregon Castle and I keep coming upon these Amazoni Man-Eaters.... And OMG they just destroy my party. Is there a secret to beating them or what? Also on another note, On the monk promotion quest does the monk have to wander around for 2 days by himself or can he be in the party with nothing equiped? is it okay for him to go back into town during these 2 days?

Old 10-05-2000, 12:58 AM   #2
Delmax

Used RANGE spells for tough stuff like that.and use that SHIFT key to run around while doing that..

OK..monk quest is a pain in the butt..

You must have NOTHING on him..no clothes..jewlry..etc...
You can only be OUTSIDE..no dungeons..at least was the caase for me..
I basically left my folks on for 2.5hrs in the wilderness..went took a shower..ate..went to the store..etc...
Came back..and the dojo says..you the man.....etc..as he becomes a monk..pain the butt to wait 2 days in this game..without speeding it up somehow..@

Old 10-05-2000, 12:59 AM   #3
Smudge

As far as the maneaters - I just pounded at them with the Dragon Fire spell from far away.

As far as the monk, it is perfectly ok for him to be with the party. And ok to revisit the town. Just make sure you equip *nothing* - no armor, weapons, jewelry, etc.. Makes him a bit of a liability in your party for a bit, but it's worth it.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:01 PM   #4
Philip

Yeah, those plants are really tough! One way to get around them (NPI) is to travel by night, as being plants, they are dormant then. Otherwise all I can say is run like hell. I made it back to the castle during the day once, but was nearly killed doing so. I haven't yet tried this, but the spell Invisible might also work.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:13 PM   #5
Delmax

Are you sure about revisiting town?

It clearly says..2 full days in the wilderness..And I thought I read somewhere..no TOWN...I know I did a town visit once during this quest..and I knew it was close to 2 days..it seems to negate the 2 days...
I therefore, played it safe..by just staying outside...cause 2.5hrs real time..is along time...to mess with.

Old 10-05-2000, 03:23 PM   #6
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Folks

I havent got to the Monk's training, but I did get my booty whupped by those plants, two of them in fact! And also, this was at night...someone said they don't come out then, but they made short work of me.

I noticed that I kept getting blasted by that poison cloud spell, and it even hit other monsters (ratling punks) that I was fighting.

What I finally did was just CHARGED those big suckers. And then just wailed on them with physical attacks, they seem to have close to 100 HP or so, and it takes a while. I didn't notice them using the poison cloud spell up close.

Also, you get around 1000 xp each a pop (elves get 10% more of course), not too shabby, especially after a class change.

Hope this helps, give it a try

Scronan
Old 10-05-2000, 03:48 PM   #7
Smudge

Hmmmm... Well, I coulda sworn I visited town in that time, but to tell you the truth you'd best just stay in the woods

Old 10-05-2000, 05:46 PM   #8
Bigdog

I tried running up but was pretty much dead by that point there were three there for me...that gas spell is just plain nasty but I am doing monk quest now then going to try them again =).

Old 10-05-2000, 05:59 PM   #9
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, they wiped me out twice actually. What I did was I reloaded and ran like hell back to Ishad. When I came out, the ratling Ninjas came back and I wasted them with no effort.

Just one plant followed, and I ran and dodged the cloud, then cornered the plant and wailed on him, but I do have 5 strong fighters, and the plant was dead after a short while.

Keep trying, they're tough bastards, but worth killing!

Scronan
Old 10-06-2000, 12:31 AM   #10
Bigdog

Well I finally killed the bums... there wer FOUR of them this time, killed first with meteor, second with normal fireball (didn't have much esle), and ran in on the third and once your close your right they don't cast anymore they are easy one by one. and then ran into the fourth as I walked away. They give 2000xp each my god! Thanks everyone for helping =)