Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-06-2001, 05:21 AM   #1
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Hey all, I have only just discovered this cool board, it's helped big time...but now my party is trapped in the Illithid Lair in the stupid Underdark! I'm at the last door before the BIg Evil Brain (I've read the walk-thru) and I can't open it!! All my Mind-Flayers croaked..why now just become the Slayer??!! Love to! but unfortunately, I can't even seen the option on my 'special abilities' list...is there a reason? my character is a Cavalier, lvl 13..I have defiently done the whole bit where you change by accident and I'm SURE I once saw it on the sp. abilities list. I thought it might be an item he had but even without anything there's no changing. I want out! Mind-Flayers suck!
Old 02-06-2001, 05:26 AM   #2
Charlie
Lord Ao

Have you tried clicking on the star at the right end of the quick item slots and on the bag icon at the left end of the quick item slots? I turned into the slayer to enter this room. I can't remember which of the two icons it is tho'.
Old 02-06-2001, 05:46 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Change to the Slayer thou must to enter this room (beware ! big fight !)
Old 02-06-2001, 06:28 AM   #4
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Charlie, thanks mate, the big problem is that I don't see the Slayer *option* on either star!...it sux, and I really think its unfair, because my saves are all screwed up...i guess the answer is simple: my main guy has had some kind of glitch/and he can't turn into the Slayer..do you think the wisest thing to do is to 'warp' my guys out or something? not that i know how, but i saw some of the cheats...if only i could find the main character with the option i could import him into the group to just open the door...hmmm...if anyone has the same problem i would appreciate other tips..can't wait to get to the surface, first stop is to go & visit (ie vengenance kill) my ol pal the Red Dragon!!
Old 02-06-2001, 06:40 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you're REALLY stuck you could just spawn a mind flayer, charm him and get him to open the door for you. You can find the creature code in the Ironworks BG2 main site.
Old 02-06-2001, 06:50 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Memnoch advice is a good one, also to "teleport" your party inside the room will help, if you have debug mode=1 in your game ini file you can press ctrl+j to teleport to marker location. You can exit after you cleared the place. Spawning a mindflayer is more "true" to the events however..

On the bug with your "change" to slayer, have you used it and not rested?? Otherwise something might really be buggy with your saves.

Good luck!
Old 02-06-2001, 07:57 AM   #7
Stealth Bomber

In the room with the mind control bands, Flayers constantly spawn, so if you go back you should be able to get another one.

Old 02-06-2001, 08:08 AM   #8
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

I just confirmed my worst fear...I took out my brave Cavalier out of a pre-Lair save, where the Slayer option is acrive, and exported him into the current save...no dice, no Slayer option...so there a bug. But stealthbomber, you hit the nail, i'm so DUMB not to have realised!! only prob is no collars but I'll just try to charm the stupid thing, after I get its magic resistance down. still annoyed that the game is screwing me like this. : ) does this happen to anyone else? but thanks for all your help everybody! i wish i had just killed the Beholder, they are so much more COOL : ) mind flayers are just annoying
Old 02-06-2001, 08:30 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You might want to try patching your game if you haven't already.
Old 02-06-2001, 08:31 AM   #10
Charlie
Lord Ao

Funny enough, using charm, dire charm, the bracelets, violence and sweet-talk would not get one of those tentacle boated bas***ds to open that door for me. I posted asking for assistance at the time. The one and only way I could enter that room was by turning into the Slayer (with 2 point rep' drop for the privilege.) Maybe there are a few bugs in this part of the game..oh well. Post again if you're still stuck buddy.