Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 05:06 PM   #41
Magnus the Monk

First computer RPG I ever played was on an Apple II computer. The game was called "Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord". It's quite amazing how far computer RPG has gotten since!

Old 02-01-2001, 05:33 PM   #42
aeirie

Well, I used to try to play D&D with my geeky boy neighbors as a kid in the eighties, but they didn't want a girl playing with them. So I had to wait until I was in college and got a Sega CD. I played a game called Dark Wizard? It was soooo Cool! Finally I got a computer and my first PC game was Ultima 8. Pure Heaven!!!!!! I have been totally hooked ever since

Old 02-01-2001, 05:36 PM   #43
Malla Gabriel

I can't believe people are calling games like the orginal M&M, pools and Ultmia old, i still have the first of each, in fact i have every Ultmia, all but the last 2 M&M and all but Pool of radince 2 which hasn't come out yet.

Old 02-01-2001, 05:38 PM   #44
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My first RPG was AD&D back around 1977 and I played it for years with friends in various states as I grew up and moved around. While I havent played pen/paper in a long time now (lack of players) I still wanted to play so I bought a few computer rpg's. Unfortunately I could never get them to work in my various inferior computers. Then last october I bought Icewind Dale (failing to look at the requirements until I got home of course) and couldnt take it anymore! I maxed out the ole 22.97 % visa credit card and bought something decent and couldnt be happier! I went through IWD like a rocket and had to have BGII! I did get BGI after but it wasnt anywhere as good as BGII. Yes, I am hooked. NWN, thats now what I am eagerly anticipating, as I'm sure the rest of you are.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:02 PM   #45
vanmac

my first RPG was Landstalker on the megadrive. Played loads of RPG since. really enjoyed BG1, engrossed in BG2 - late for work often!!!!!

Old 02-02-2001, 03:30 AM   #46
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

My first RPG was an adapted version of D&D (no dice) that a camp leader gave a few of us when I was on a beach camp in West Oz as a child. I was a Magic-User, my younger brother a Cleric with a warhammer, and there was a fighter and a thief? I think. I was hooked. The DM moderated everything (even dice roles).

As I got older and went to high school I played Ad&d with some school mates and my favourite was playing a Poly Poly Merchant/Mage and a Barbarian simultaneously.

Eye of the beholder had me hooked on CRPGs but no Druid or bard left me disappointed. Dark Sun had Druids but they were different....THE WHOLE THING WAS DIFFERENT....ALL THE LAWS WERE WIERD MAN.... b'but I'm o.k. now.

Can you imagine my elation when Baldurs Gate came out and BARDS were available! And then when BG2 came out MONKS were there! Ooooh yeah.
Old 02-02-2001, 08:07 AM   #47
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I saw someone named Zelda as a roleplaying game here.. shame =)
Well in that case I have to ask if anyone recognize the text based Fortress of the which king to c64 and possibly vic 20?

Hehe, anyone?
Old 02-02-2001, 02:57 PM   #48
Raistlin
Manshoon

My first RPG game was terror in the labyrint. (pen,paper, book)

that was 10 years ago (i am only 17)

I have played like every RPG that has been launched since then
Old 02-03-2001, 08:15 AM   #49
Donut (Son of Donut)

Charlie

I remember the B17 game - the first intellivision game to use 'Intellivoice'.

If you want a Ruby Murray (curry - for those of you who don't speak Cockney) that will 'burn both ends' I can recommend a Chicken Stingthering

I'm intrigued about your previous life but won't ask. If you follow the Beagles I suspect you are south of the water.

I probably shouldn't be plugging my local on this board but this is where I do most of my 'falling over' www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk (I set the quiz questions)

Old 02-03-2001, 01:24 PM   #50
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi mate.

I take it the eccentric blokes gone then, I think you'd have mentioned him, you been in Enfield long?. Intellivoice eh, sounded shit but we thought it was great. There was also a boxing game as I remember. We used to think the graphics were awesome, I'd like to see that again. Couldn't find a shot of the D&D game unfortunately. Theringstingah...nuffink quite like it is there, specially when totally wankered. I like the odd quiz myself, usually Thursdays. I'm in Norwood nowadays they do one in the Bee, been known to fall off the odd barstool myself.