Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 09:36 AM   #11
Lafael

I was also stuck in that place. No flayer would spawn in the red room where u get the Illithid serum. In the end i had to use the auto-save and start the level all over again. Really annoying.. Use the collars to catch a Mind Fl. and use him to open the door...

Old 02-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #12
mogog

If you click on the door while fighting mind flyers in the room with doors, any mind flyer will open doors for you.
magog

Old 02-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #13
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

What Stealth Bomber said worked for me too. Hard battle!
Old 02-06-2001, 04:53 PM   #14
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also had to turn into the Slayer to open the last door...
Seems like I ran out of collars and the machine refused to make me any more
Old 02-06-2001, 06:00 PM   #15
masteraleph
Elminster

Just as a note, for some reason, the more beefy mind flayers (ulitharids or something like that, I know it's not right) seem to have trouble opening those doors, but normal Mind Flayers don't. Oh, and a mind flayer should spawn every minute or so in the room farthest to the east (where you get the illithid serum)
Old 02-06-2001, 09:19 PM   #16
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

well maybe I celebrated too early last night, because just after I charmed the mind flayer that spawned in the other room, and then started to go towards the door for last battle (taking a save for luck) my game paused for ages and I eventually lost patience and turned the thing off!! so maybe if that mind flayer CAN'T open the door (or my thief can't pick the lock with a mind flayer in the party) I will have to start the stupid lair all over again! I downloaded the patch last night too, so when I get home I will extract that, along with the XP cap remover I got as well! i read thru the patch effects but I didn't see any mention of the "Slayer glitch" my guy has. its so unfair! I only wanted to be a demon for a second or so! honest : ) lets just hope my little charmed mind flayer can open the door..i even tried a limited wish scroll, but shapechanged into a mind flayer didn't work either..
Old 02-07-2001, 08:17 AM   #17
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

The Mind-Flayers are history!!@@@!!! thanks for the tips. stealthbomber, the charm worked, and i picked the last lock when the mflayer reverts back...goodbye Underdark, i can smell the fresh air already!