Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2001, 08:53 AM   #1
imperial dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just finished reading the Elric Saga, was a really good readand something different from those grand epics (WOT, Tad Williams Dragonbonechair etc. (forgot the name))
Especially this somehow depressive mood and those philosophical hints were refreshing to read.
What else should I read from Moorcock now?
Any suggestions are welcomed!

reality is for those not smart enough to see the truth!!!!!

imperial dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 05:12 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hey imperial dwarf! Welcome!
Well I think that the Corum books are pretty good.
The Chronicles of Count Brass and the Hawkmoon books are good.
The Von Bek books are good.
Most of his books deal with various manifestations of the Eternal Champion, of which Elric is but one incarnation of millions. So if you enjoyed Elric, you will probably enjoy most of his other works.
The Chronicles of Jerry Cornelius are all right but different than the ones that take place in fantasy settings.
Blood is a good book, but a bit crazy.
If you enjoyed the Elric book Sailor on the Seas of Fate, particularly the first story of that book, then there are some other books you should check out. Sorry can not remember the names, but remember how Elric was with Erekose, Corum, and Hawkmoon and they all fought those entities from another universe called Agak and Gagak. Well in the sagas of those other warriors (Corum, Hawkmoon, and Erekose)Moorcock wrote the same story but from each of the specific Eternal Champions own eyes. The Hawkmoon one was in one of the Count Brass books I think. Again, sorry that i can't remember the names of the books. Over the weekend I will dig through my old book boxes (if i even still have them) and try to find out. Can't promise anything but stay tuned if your in the neighbourhood.

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 05-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 05-31-2001).]
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 08:14 PM   #3
Desuma_Malevois

"Behold the Man" is an excellent book - considered a real classic in some circles - involving time travel. Might be a little hard to find right now, but worth the effort if you can.
Old 06-01-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
imperial dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, will give them all a try

reality is for those not smart enough to see the truth!!!!!
imperial dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 05:13 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The Chronicles of Corum and the Swords Trilogy (also about Corum) are good too
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote