Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > The Great Escape Studios > 3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions

Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I dunno, this forum doesn't get used much it seems. Of course, I have no "3D" anything to post about. But I do like art, so..

Anyways, gonna post some pictures of all the dragons I've been painting since I quit smoking last August. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
Ladyzekke

Continued...

This wall mounted dragon is the one I'm working on now, going to make it an "ice dragon." It is segmented in 3 different pieces and is supposed to be placed on the wall separately as well. Here's an early pic of it (I've changed it quite a bit since then):

Got another one too for later still in the box, going to make it a fire dragon.

Btw, got both wall mounted dragons from Spencers for only $30.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

They look sweet! Do you use enamel or acrylic paint? I used to use enamel on my tank models but switched to acrylics because I can use thin washes and because clean-up is easier. Great thread idea too.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Ladyzekke

Thanks Machinehead. [img]smile.gif[/img] I use all acrylic paints, and also some acrylic enamels. Stopped using straight up enamel years ago cause you need the thinner to get it off the brush, plus enamel isn't very ink friendly.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

Default Re: I like to Paint Dragons

Have the first wall mounted one done.

Need to hit Home Depot and find a bunch of screws that are all the same size and that fits the backing holes so I can mount it on the wall, then take another pic of it. Such an awkward wall mount LOL.

I have the other serpentine one ready to be painted next. But Spencers had a sale, and I bought this dragon head, with two separate feet that hold those long candles. So I decided to do the head next as it is an easy paint, with no body and all LOL. It's a shame I can't detach the candle holders from the feet and turn them into a fork an knife LOL. :Hehe: You'll see later when I post a pic of the entire thing.

The head is next LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-03-2007, 04:33 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Wow... Suddenly my efforts look so feeble...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OOOH! You finished the ice dragon, way to go, LZ! I love the look of the colors around it's face, really pops and shows the scales/webbing off nicely! Can't wait to see the fire dragon now. It's got some character, even before being painted- looks...well, fiery!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

Dragonshadow, it's all in the inks! I'd never be able to get things to stand out if it weren't for using inks.

Cloudy it took me forever to find the colors LOL. I kept being drawn towards pinks and yellows and light greens, but they are all warm colors to me. So I had to keep it "cold" so to speak. That seagreen I'm not all that thrilled with, wish it was brighter, but it's all I had green-wise that didn't look like a warm color. Red dragon will be much easier! First though, the silly big head LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I like that green, at least the way it looks in the pic! And the blues are good together. Can't wait to see the monsterheaded firedragon!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
Ladyzekke

Done with the dragon head (with two front feet that are candle holders). I call him...RedHead LOL. Anyways, some pics:

That's catnip btw in these pics LOL.

Next up is that second wall mounted dragon that is serpentine like my blue ice dragon. This one will be the "fire" dragon. Gonna use lighter and brighter reds on this one!

Reality Show Recaps