Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > The Great Escape Studios > 3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions

Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Default Spirit's 3d dump =)

Okay, basically going to dump stuff here. I'll update the first post as I add new pictures...I guess?

First picture post: apirl 8th, 09

Second Picture Post april 29th, 09

Last edited by Spirits Reborn; 04-29-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Default Re: Spirit's 3d dump =)

(copied from gd)
They're basic basic models with very little colour/ texture (except for the first ) but they're still something

they might be kinda heavy

these two were basically low poly renders that I did to practice getting the shape of the car

I was just fooling around with shapes and this "street" came to life. Its still in the works, but think steampunk style.

This is the result of the lowpoly car, I learned alot from the lowpoly so I decided to scrap it and start anew. This is alot of extruding, and repositioning. =) Its modeled after my own car (92 accord).

Its lots of fun, but lots of works. Hopefully will have something finished soon.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Looking good! Are you modeling the car in pieces? What I do I model a car like it's actually built--doors are separate, the hood, engine... Hell, even the windows and gas cap!

I am working on an entire 3D City, and its insane. I have learned so much about little things like man holes (textures) and having to model 4 different types of traffic lights--even a 3M type of light--it's the type that is usually yellow, and as you pass under the traffic light, the lights in the housing seem to go dark.. 3M uses a type of focusing lens.. its really cool..

I'll post some screens of the City--I have 8 blocks done so far. My BP Gas station alone is like 40,000 polys.. ugh!
I'll be selling each building, tree and street light/sign on a 3D Website soon, so it'll be a way to show them off in a city setting... (I also designed every single Construction sign in existence I think--even the digital sign that is a trailer--the type that people hacked to say "Zombies Ahead! Run!"

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

OH!, I'm was condsidering modelling it the way you said. BUt what I did was built the body , so all the metal parts as one object. And then I'm going on top and removing/ editing to add the other details. Its a bit more work, but its wayyy too hard for me to work with piece by piece . (but I'm only working on half of the car, the other side is mirrored)

and wow, I want to see the city you're making. I tried making one too, but my buildings are just extruded blocks, not very interesting
Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hey, I started out the same way, but with time and messing with it, you'll be making some amazing stuff!!
I haven't rendered out any new 3D City shots yet--I should, I've added quite a bit now . I'll post some new stuff here soon!

(BTW, I know, don't ya LOVE mirror/symmetry tool?)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

yeah, haha. Mirroring saves a HEAP of time, though I'm sure you could just duplicate and flip (but it would be a lot more tedious )
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Okay, some new stuff here goes

Just playing around with extrutions and such. kinda fun

Similar things with the extrutions but also learning how to make convincing water and such.

learning how to make use of nurbs and such. (amazing tools).
Oh and also learning how to properly configure Raytransparancy, and ray mirror.