Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 01:36 PM   #1
cwman

I have a few questions:

1.Where to find the sword of kerah? I saw somebody hold it at the very beginning of the game while I don't have it myself, I missed it or something? How powerful is it?

2.Dagger is useful? Worth to increase its skill or not?

3. >.

4.I just saw the great dragon in dragon spire and I found that there are two door next to the dragon, one is to take the mavin sword, where I get in, the right one, what's in the left one?

5.Where is the next mavin sword which is cursed my evil?

6.I saw somebody have a compress on their panel, where to get that?

7.I think I saw that somebody DID post something saying that magic is only useful at the beginning of the game, useless then, but up to now, I got to the port city (after the dragon), I think magic is cool although most boss resist to most of the but magic does clean up massive amount of regen monsters very quickly ( I set to hard and often ), the most frequence use magic is metero shower and burning haze for long distance and turning other to stone and all kind of breaths in close combat. How long can I have fun after that if magic really not useful later as someone said? Oh man I got 3 wizards and 3 priest.. U_U

8.Killing rat thief really cool, can earn many money as they usually die and drop some amulet, my rat merchant bard sell that for high price ^v^

Thanks for any answers and opinions~ :>

Old 11-26-2000, 02:19 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

1) I got the Sword of Kerah when I gave Anephas the Mavin at the end game. It's pretty good.
2) There are some really excellent daggers in the game - one in particular for a wizard class. Somehow I always have my spellcasters casting spells to worry about their weapons.
3) Well since you can only load up the spell and click on the foe - how wrongly could you possibly be using it? Perhaps the monsters are not affected by that type of spell??
4) The left one is window dressing, or possibly the door for the dragon himself. Don't think anybody has found anything else to do with it?
5) There can be only one! There is only one Mavin sword.
6) I'd like to know were to get a compass too!
7) Magic is good through all the game so don't always believe what you read!
Yep, I always like that about the Rattling thieves too!

Wyv
Old 11-26-2000, 03:10 PM   #3
xenotoca

Once again the Wyv has scooped us all. Obviously nouht to do better than hang around this board all day. However

No 6. I suspect you have seen screenshots of the original incarnation of this game back when it was called Swords and Sorcery. There was a compass in the bottom right (your left) of the interface screen. As it was going to be multiplayer you also saw the other members of your party on screen as well as the monsters. I also suspect that there were not going to be any forced paths through the wilderness hence the need for a compass. Many of the gripes with the game come from its multiplayer background such as the mulipule conversations, terrible ranged combat ect.

These screenshots are still around on the web and show us what could have been if time and money had not been an object still the game is enjoyable as it stands if only the combat had been a bit more stratgic instead of a click fest.

NO 7 The major problem with magic is that many of those ranged spells do damage to your party as well. In the heat of battle with 30 or so skellies you may have set your wizard to fire off a firestorm spell first at all the skells waiting to close in. Then click, click, click on the one beating hell out of your warrior and before you realise it its wizzers turn again, and you have just clicked at the monster in front of you and whamo there you all are in the middle of a firestorm.

Old 11-26-2000, 04:36 PM   #4
xenotoca

coming back to the compass question the screenshots on HP`s site show a compass

http://www.heuristicpark.com/deep6.htm

Hmm I have obviously got an unauthorised version I wonder if I can get a refund.

Old 11-26-2000, 06:03 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

http://www.heuristicpark.com/deep6.htm

Regis taught me that ^ !!! (well, actually the help file did, but I wouldn't have read the help file if Regis hadn't helped me to the help file.)

Wyv