Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2002, 02:51 PM   #21
DameonRules
Manshoon

Didn't the ents attack at helms deep also. I thought that they attacked isengard without seeing the destuction that they had weeped. One of the best parts in the movie though was when the ent was on fire and the wave of water was coming and you see the ent run and put his head in the water. That was funny. Also i think gimli was hilarious the whole movie. The part where he asked to get thrown awesome.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:57 PM   #22
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by DameonRules:
One of the best parts in the movie though was when the ent was on fire and the wave of water was coming and you see the ent run and put his head in the water. That was funny.
I wondered if anyone else notice that!
Old 12-19-2002, 03:36 PM   #23
Gammit
Elminster

I found myself leaving with mixed emotions, but on the whole, loved it. My thoughts:

1.) it was confusing to go back and forth btw all the plot lines but there are that many in the book as well! They might have not cut back and forth so often, but then you might lose track of who was doing what
2.) EXCELLENT battle scenes and character development
3.) cool focus on Gollum
4.) liked seeing Frodo "change"
5.) wished the scenes with the Ents had been longer
6.) The Dead Marshes scene was CreeEeEeEePy!!!
7.) Again, found myself thinking the movie needed another hour
7.)I made SURE I "trained" myself by avoiding caffeine all day, and barely made it through 3 hours w/out having to use the bathroom. Phew, it paid off...
9.)I'm definitely going again and again and again!!!
10.)I thought _I_ was the only one who saw the Ent put himself out in the river!
11.) Does anybody know if they're gonna make an extended DVD w/ this one as well?
Old 12-19-2002, 03:39 PM   #24
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gammit:
11.) Does anybody know if they're gonna make an extended DVD w/ this one as well?
I haven't heard anything about it, but you can count on it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2002, 04:38 PM   #25
Sorceress Gladia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

dude! i bet that moviw was da bomb! i so wanna see it!
Old 12-19-2002, 04:46 PM   #26
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I read in the USA Today (newspaper) last week that there WILL be an extended version!!!!! I ALMOST went to see it today. But a couple guys who work for me want to go to so we'll likely sneak away from work soon and all see it. One guy has never read the books but got really into Fellowship after I lent him the dvd. On that note I read in todays paper TT is passing Fellowship ticket sales already and projected to go over $1 billion ticket sales worldwide. This should certainly truly sink another record setting movie of titanic proportions [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2002, 06:06 PM   #27
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I haven't had time to go see it yet so a plague of locusts in all yer drawers for talking about it here heheeh Im not reading anything any of you say!
Hurry up and get well so you can go Magic. This is one movie you need to see in the theatre. Although some of the battle scenes might be even more exciting if you're watching it with all those drugs you've been on.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:35 PM   #28
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm pretty sure almost everybody in the theater I went to saw the Ent put his "head" out. That WAS funny. One thing that would have been even cooler is if there had been a close-up of the Ents "digging their toes/roots" into the ground just before the water hit. That would have been extremely awesome.

And yes, I also thought the Ents helped with the Battle of Helm's Deep, but I may be getting it confused with the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

The main thing I'm looking forward to from ROTK is SHELOB!!!!!

That should be very good.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:58 PM   #29
Tancred
White Dragon

It was good. DAMN good.

Helm's Deep - I can't fault it at all. For sheer bloody action and heroism it tops everything I've seen in any movie ever. Cinematics - sound - everything perfect for the tension and... well, it's good.

Faramir and co. - I missed the scene in which Faramir finds his brother's body in the boat, and takes the horn. I would have liked to see it; it would introduce Faramir far far better... as well as explain why he was so god damn surly all the time. Apart from that... neat. I suppose they had to show Osgiliath so they could go back there in the next film...

Ents - excellent. A nice twist in having Pippin 'trick' Treebeard into seeing the devastaion Isengard had wrought - a nice surprise.

Did anyone think Gandalf's freeing of Theoden from Saruman's hold was a bit 'The Exorcist'?

Tancred - off to see it more times than he saw Fellowship
Old 12-19-2002, 10:59 PM   #30
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I just saw the movie today. I felt that it was truly an awesome movie. The biggest surprise for me is that "Fellowship" followed the book so closely and "Tower" strayed from the book. I realize that it had to stray some so that it wouldn't be a 2 week long movie. I don't think that changes needed to be made. (examples: Aragorn going over the cliff, Faramir's nobility denied by his taking Frodo to Osgolith, Legolas giving in to dispair in Helm's Deep, Arwen going to the West (or does she?))
Highlights for me was the way the Ent's were rendered and the battle scenes from Helm's Deep. Lowlights were my examples and the dwarf tossing joke.
The scenes which I think which will be unappreciated or overlooked but which I thought were excellent were the representations of Gollum's internal torment. I can't conceive of a better showing between the good and evil within Smeagol's mind.
The one thing which I truly missed from this movie was the lack of the Huron's (sentinent, moving trees) swallowing up the retreating Orc army at Helm's Deep.