Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #21
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

They are also relatively wealthy. A typical sheep farmer has about 600 acres, keeps about 2,000 sheep and 100 cattle and is likely to earn NZ$100,000 (£31,000) a year ? equivalent in spending power to an annual salary of more than £60,000 in Britain. The average UK farm income is about £7,000 a year. [/i]
*leans back in his arm-chair with his arms folded whilst grinning smugly*
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhh.

Cheers Donut for the proof that NZ truly is one of God's own private heavens. Not to say that other lands arn't God's own private heavens as well. But I gotta say I'm still in love with this one.

[ 08-28-2002, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 08-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #22
The Hierophant

Quote:
The mind boggles! Where does it say that New Zealand has branded the US as part of an ?Axis of Evil?. It doesn?t even say that the New Zealand Greens said it. It was Friends of the Earth which is a worldwide organisation. The article is from a New Zealand paper that is reporting from Johannesburg.

Did anyone actually read the article?

They used the term ?Axis of Evil? because they wanted to get people?s attention ? and it seems to have worked. Because they used this hook they had to pick three countries. The US is the obvious one to include but the others could have been any other industrialised countries.

[/i]
You're right Donut. I didn't read the article My posts were as usual, reactionary [img]smile.gif[/img]

You is clever clever fox.
We is dumb dumb stupid dawg.

Jesus i can't believe I just typed that. So, why don't I just delete it then before I click the 'add reply' button?? Well that would just make entirely too much sense... jeeze, some people...
Old 08-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #23
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well I know why they are picking on those countries Donut - it's all a misprint - they are really after the Axis of Upheaval, which as we all now is Davros (Australia), Donut (Great Brittttttian), and LoA (USA). . We're all wanted men - must have been all those studly pics of us that have been posted at Stealthys [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 08-28-2002, 08:54 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
The mind boggles! Where does it say that New Zealand has branded the US as part of an ?Axis of Evil?. It doesn?t even say that the New Zealand Greens said it. It was Friends of the Earth which is a worldwide organisation. The article is from a New Zealand paper that is reporting from Johannesburg.

Did anyone actually read the article?

They used the term ?Axis of Evil? because they wanted to get people?s attention ? and it seems to have worked. Because they used this hook they had to pick three countries. The US is the obvious one to include but the others could have been any other industrialised countries.

[/i]
You're right Donut. I didn't read the article My posts were as usual, reactionary [img]smile.gif[/img]

You is clever clever fox.
We is dumb dumb stupid dawg.

Jesus i can't believe I just typed that. So, why don't I just delete it then before I click the 'add reply' button?? Well that would just make entirely too much sense... jeeze, some people...
[/QUOTE]Okaaaay! I have a question. Why have all of my apostrophes changed to question marks?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-28-2002, 08:56 AM   #25
The Hierophant

Absolutely no idea.
But I SWEAR I didn't do anything!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:04 AM   #26
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmm, wonders if the mighty Choc'ster is having a wee bit of a go at Donut's post?. . .
[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]

[ 08-28-2002, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]
Old 08-28-2002, 09:31 AM   #27
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Apparently Newzeland has declared the USA and Australia as Axis of Evil.
See the link here:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...toryID=2351459

I don't mind them declaring us an Axis of Evil so much as I wish they could be a bit original [img]smile.gif[/img]
BWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAHH HHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I think I hurt myself from over-zealous laughter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Erm...do you think that 'Friends of the Earth' is planning on invading any time soon? I suppose we'd better get ready for em.

*Sharpens swords and cleans guns, baits 'Earth-Friend Traps'TM(punji pits over which are placed old-fashioned cans of aerosol *LOADED* with CFC's). Wanders off snickering*

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 08-28-2002, 09:53 AM   #28
Azred
Drow Priestess

I just put a note on the refrigerator door to remind myself to pay attention to green parties at some point in the future. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:32 AM   #29
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Don't get your knickers in a twist, guys. The "Friends of the Earth" in the USA hate us as well, along with every other industrialized nation.

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-30-2002, 01:59 PM   #30
MagiK

Errrm just for the record...I posted this not as a serious issue but as a humorous one...note the smiley [img]smile.gif[/img] Just wnated to point that out [img]smile.gif[/img] Sorry if my intentions were misconstrued. NZ is actually one of the 4 places on the planet I still want to visit that I havent already been to.