Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-20-2001, 04:06 PM   #1
Khanar
Manshoon

This is so HARD for me. Anyone have any tips for it?
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 06:14 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

If you have'nt, stay on Burial Isle to train up your characters. When I faced the end boss, my characters were in the range of 18-22.
Plus, Fire Spells like Flame Arrow, Fireball, Firestorm etc work really well against the Dragon and it's Kua-Toa minions. Don't worry about the minions, just get the Dragon. The dragon itself was'nt too tough for me, I just ressurected any characters that died.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 10:12 PM   #3
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

*possible spoils*
I think it definitely helps being a higher level. I had my party fully spell-up and hasted before walking in, then didn't waste any time talking to the dragon. As soon as conversation ended I walked right up and whaled on it with melee attacks. Even though it seems to resist a lot of damage, after 1 minute or so he retreated to his little orb thing. I had 2 fighters walk up and beat the snot out of the orb while the rest of my party turned the various fish people into sushi. I didn't use a single offensive spell the whole time - I think thats the power of having well armoured fighters with grandmastery. Bit down that I've finished the fight first time through with no thought to tactics, but IWD isn't really about tactics is it? Overall had a lot of fun with the game. Good luck!

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote