Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 02:52 AM   #1
Ruhl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So I'm playing back through, and I was wondering if anyone knows exactly which treasure spots are random. I know the elven chain chest in the Hand and the loot on that elf chick are random, but what other areas in the game are? (I think Kresselack's coffin may be random, as I read about some scimitar I've never seen being in it.) Any input from the Gurus would be greatly appreciated.
Ruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 12:54 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, there are really LOTSA random spots... Some of the Most importants are:
(sorry if i dont explain it very well, its been a long time since i played IWD for the last time)

Most of the coffins in the area where you find the lich. There are some cool items there.

The chests in the broken house in the elemental area near the end of the game. I mean the house where you find the female elven warrior.

Most of the items in the severed hand.

The big statue in the first level of the Dragons Eye.

etc etc

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 03:09 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

in the first level of the Temple of Forgotten Gods, there are random items in the chests to the left (below the library). I found a longbow protector +1 and +2 (the +2 is much rarer, but very worth it.. lowers AC by 2)
there is also a chess piece (the black knight) and a cool clasp.. not to mention some boots of blur.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote