Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2002, 04:10 AM   #1
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

I have a little bunni, about six months old, and she's suddenly begun "acting up." She's been biting at me, peeing on my furniture, and generally acting fairly aggressive. I think that I need to get her spayed in order to solve this behavioral problem, but I don't want to do it if I don't have to.

So... Do any of you have experience with bunnies? I've read quite a bit about bunny behavior, but it's not the same as talking to someone who has gone through this too.

Here's her picture in case anyone wants to see what a bad, bad bunni looks like:
http://members.aol.com/spacemufin/bunni.jpg
Old 04-06-2002, 04:21 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I know that white rabbits are Albinos [img]smile.gif[/img] ... and they have pink Eyes ... I learnt that in school the other day [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 07:07 AM   #3
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, hon.

I owned a female Netherland Dwarf bunny once. I had the same problem and, yes, as much as you may not want to do so, you will need to have her spayed. It will be the best thing for her as she won't feel the 'urge' to mate and have those nasty fits she's having as a result. She will be a calmer, gentler, kinder bunny afterwards. You just have to keep her relatively calm and still for about a week after the surgery. And keep her bedding and potty areas VERY clean during that time to prevent infection.

Edit: And it's such a CUTE bunni, too!

P.S.: Glorfindel, the only thing you missed is that not ALL white bunnies are albinos. Only those WITH pink eyes are.

[ 04-06-2002, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: DragonMage ]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:40 AM   #4
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I had the same problem and, yes, as much as you may not want to do so, you will need to have her spayed.
Rats, that's what I figured. I was hoping to spare her the pain of having that done, but it looks like I should do it. Thanks for the input!

How long did you have your bunny? I've had Emily since December. My cat really hated her at first, but has gotten used to her and now even tries to get her to play!
Old 04-06-2002, 07:46 AM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel

Well first, cute bunny!!
But, if it's going to be anything like dealing with a cat, then I think spaying may have to be it.
Old 04-06-2002, 03:33 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aww, she's a cute bunny and LUCKY to have such a devoted and responsible owner! Good luck with her spaying and I hope she's a cuddly sweet thing when it's over!

Cloudy
Old 04-06-2002, 04:40 PM   #7
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
Rats, that's what I figured. I was hoping to spare her the pain of having that done, but it looks like I should do it. Thanks for the input!

How long did you have your bunny? I've had Emily since December. My cat really hated her at first, but has gotten used to her and now even tries to get her to play!
Firstly...I don't think it bothers animals (who go on all fours) as much as it does human females (who have gravity trying to fill the empty area left). I've had many female cats spayed and they are usually back to their usual playful selves within a few days. So don't worry too much about the surgery. It will make your bunny much happier and friendly.

I had mine for over a year, but had to give her up when I moved out of state. She went to a loving home, but I still miss her. And she, too, made friends with my cat and they played together as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with your bunny, hon. *hugs* [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:59 PM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

someone released a rabbit in NZ a long time ago now we have too many...they eat our crops...bring out your gun and see if you can get more than 100 in a day...but calicius(sp) virus cut them back a bit.

forgive me, it is just that we have a sort of war on rabbits if you are a farmer.
Old 04-06-2002, 05:05 PM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
quote:

Firstly...I don't think it bothers animals (who go on all fours) as much as it does human females (who have gravity trying to fill the empty area left). I've had many female cats spayed and they are usually back to their usual playful selves within a few days. So don't worry too much about the surgery. It will make your bunny much happier and friendly.

I had mine for over a year, but had to give her up when I moved out of state. She went to a loving home, but I still miss her. And she, too, made friends with my cat and they played together as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]Heh, I remember when we had our little cat spayed, and although no lasting harm gets done, she did seem to act like she had bruised her dignity.n
Old 04-06-2002, 05:05 PM   #10
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Heh, I remember when we had our little cat spayed, and although no lasting harm gets done, she did seem to act like she had bruised her dignity.