Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-21-2002, 11:01 AM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

After completing the game with a pure Fighter + party, I would like to hear your opinions for my second game. I plan to take this character through the whole BG-saga:

Carathrax
Male
Half-Elven
Fighter/Cleric
Neutral Good

Weapon proficiencies:
** Blunt weapons -- War Hammer/Mace
* Missile Weapons -- Sling
* Spiked Weapons -- Flail/Morningstar

Ability scores:
Time will show

NPCs:
Dynaheir
Minsc
Safana

I will try to do all quests availale (read: explore every area), and then import Carathrax when he reach lvl 8/8.

I also need some help with selection of spells. I would prefer to have most spells up to about the lvl 3 Priest Spells defensive.

Ideas/Feedback?
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:39 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

import him back to the begining?
Old 11-22-2002, 05:24 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
import him back to the begining?
Import him to BG2.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:59 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

i still havent played bg2 but from what i hear best idea would be to go pure fighter in bg1 then dual class to mage then work up the levels in bg2 cos you can go higher so you have the hps and general abilities of a fighter to begin with mixed with being a powerful spellcaster, but as i dont have BG2 yet i dunno if thats good or not [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 07:51 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
i still havent played bg2 but from what i hear best idea would be to go pure fighter in bg1 then dual class to mage then work up the levels in bg2 cos you can go higher so you have the hps and general abilities of a fighter to begin with mixed with being a powerful spellcaster, but as i dont have BG2 yet i dunno if thats good or not [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually, what people say is so great, is to be a Fighter in BG1, import him to BG2 and start to play with him as a Kensai, and then dual to a Mage. It is good, I've tried it a coupl of times. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just as I've tried all classes in BG2, and almost every kit.

But now I've decided to be a Fighter/Cleric. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Why Fighter/Cleric instead of Fighter->Cleric, Ranger->Cleric or Ranger/Cleric? Just tired of doing the same old thing, and wanting to try a class that's not as powerful, but potentially just as fun?
Old 11-22-2002, 06:50 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Why Fighter/Cleric instead of Fighter->Cleric, Ranger->Cleric or Ranger/Cleric? Just tired of doing the same old thing, and wanting to try a class that's not as powerful, but potentially just as fun?
Because I think that combination is overrated. That's atleast how I found it in BG2, and I doubt there will be much difference in BG1. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But who knows, maybe I'll try that one day. Now I'm pretty set on a Fighter/Cleric. Unless someone convinces me to do something else. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 08:37 PM   #8
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

hey does anyone know, if you play a mage through bg, can he become a sorcerer in soa:tob
Old 11-23-2002, 07:02 AM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
hey does anyone know, if you play a mage through bg, can he become a sorcerer in soa:tob
No, unfortunatly.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:01 PM   #10
Lewzbel
The Magister

Sir Exxon,

I went through BG the first time as a fighter/cleric. What I found, though, was that I hardly ever cast the cleric spells. I guess at the time I was more into power gaming, so given the makeup of the party, the cleric spells were never really needed. Not very fun that way.

After years of playing BG2 I just came back to BG this weekend, and I'm playing as a bard, thinking of switching to blade when i get to BG2. I was going to try soloing, but MAN is that hard in BG!! How embarassing to be cut down by a gibberling!

And actually, to be honest, the only reason I'm playing BG is because I was so addicted to BG2 I had to force myself to break the cds and trash them. I went into immediate withdrawal and installed BG. Quitting smoking was easier.
Lewzbel is offline   Reply With Quote