Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 09:19 AM   #1
Jan

Which figures will for some reason leave the party later in the game? I can't be bothered to hold someone in the party if they want to leave later.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:22 AM   #2
ReGiN

SPOILER!!!
Yoshimo betrays you in the last of the game...there is some way do avoid that though...can't remeber where you got it...

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:25 AM   #3
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan:
Which figures will for some reason leave the party later in the game? I can't be bothered to hold someone in the party if they want to leave later.
There are some interactions: some NPC does not like other and can kill him/her.
Generally it is between good and evil. So if you dont mix good and evil thee is no problem.
I dont know where are you in game but:
SPOLIER
-
-
-
-
-
-
After first dungeon Imoen leaves you. I the middle of game Yoshimo dies but you get Imoen back .

Old 10-29-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
Jan

Thanks guys!

Just heard that the blond chick from the start of the game will leave the party due to some kind of contract.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:42 AM   #5
Caine
Elminster

Dont woRRY ABOUT ANYONE LEAVING EXCEPT AERIE IS YoU HAVE KORGAN IN YOUR PARTY WITH HER
Old 10-29-2001, 10:00 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan:
Thanks guys!

Just heard that the blond chick from the start of the game will leave the party due to some kind of contract.
Do you mean Jaheira? She will temporarily leave the party on a quest, but that will only take about a day in game time.
For the rest,
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
If Anomen fails his test, he will become violent and attack the other NPCs so in order to keep him you'll have to reload if you fail the test. Aerie and Korgan don't get along, neither do Minsc and Edwin. I forgot with whom Viconia doesn't get along but there is someone
As said before, naturally Imoen leaves the part as soon as you emerge from Jon's dungeon, but you can get her back later. You said you weren't going to bother with any NPCs that leave the party, but I would still advice you to keep Yoshimo and take him with you to Spellhold. Firstly, this gives you some good roleplaying, plotlines and XP, and secondly, since you lose him in Spellhold you won't have to worry about replacing any of your party members with Imoen - she can just take Yoshi's place.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 10:06 AM   #7
Zbyszek

It is Keldorn, cant stand a person with dark skin. And they say that Paladins are good
Old 10-29-2001, 10:09 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
It is Keldorn, cant stand a person with dark skin. And they say that Paladins are good

Ah yes, thanks! Now I remember

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 04:50 PM   #9
Nifft the Nimble

Obvious but not yet mentioned:

- Evil NPCs leave if you have a high reputation

- Good & Neutral NPCs leave if you have too low a reputation (good ones first of course)

There are other ways to lose NPCs, all of which are S.P.O.I.L.E.R.S:
- Romance Aerie, take Haer'Dalis with you.

- Allow Keldorn to return to his family

- Attack a Harper and Jahera will join them (the guy standing outside the Galverny Estate)

- Poison a Druid Grove and all the druids will join against you (Jaheira and Cernd)

- Join the Vampires (Bodhi) and I think Minsc leaves... can someone confirm this?

- Various other evil acts (betraying Hendack, killing the nice guy in Windspear & giving the deed to the Dragon, etc.) probably get the goodie-goodies to jump ship.

-- Nifft
Old 10-29-2001, 07:45 PM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Nifft the Nimble, no Minsc will not leave u. In my bard game, i joined her just to get Aran Linvales Elven Chain Mail. Then i discovered Mail for bards only, and i screwed up my game,, i was soooo pist. The shadow thieves rock!!

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden