Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
samoza
The Magister

playing the game through for the third time now and ive heard from various sources about a twisted rune. What and where is it?
Old 07-12-2001, 01:56 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Bridge District...Murder mystery and a small house on the waterfront. Need a rogue stone to get into the house...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 07-12-2001, 09:33 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Bridge District...Murder mystery and a small house on the waterfront. Need a rogue stone to get into the house...

SPOILER>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Be ready for a REALLY tough fight (a lich, an archmage, a super vampire (4 levels drained per hit), a beholder, and a fighter type (the easiest of the bunch)). There are threads around this board about this fight; read them and prepare accordingly. You are trapped inside, so you have no choice but to kill everyone (but the archmage has the staff of magi, the best staff in the game). Just don't go flying in there like gangbusters, expecting to kick ass. Best bet is to retreat to the first room at every opportunity and do a quick save. Also, don't be afraid to use potions, scrolls, etc.; they will make a difference. And only do it when you have some time to burn (i.e. when you have time to replay the same battle over and over). Other than that, best of luck (you'll need it ).

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-12-2001, 09:37 PM   #4
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Use traps my friend, use traps.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>
Old 07-13-2001, 02:17 PM   #5
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey - I missed this quest too. Always wondered what good rogue stones were. But I went looking last night, and can't find a house in the bridge district that I've not been in already. And I *know* I haven't battled a lich there. Could you be kind and tell me more specifically which house? By the tanner, or one of the inns or something? I wanna play...!
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2001, 02:25 PM   #6
Tuor
Elminster

SPOILER
The twisted Rune building is south of Delosar's Inn facing the water. There is only one house on the south side of the map between it and the district exit. And its the second door from the left relative to the district exit.

Hope it helps