Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 06:31 PM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Wah - this doesn't make the pain go away, but read the poem I posted you again. Some of the truths can be painful but I realized that the sooner I acknowledged them, the sooner I was able to get over them. And draconia is right, you deserve a lot better than her. This is all about life and learning, my friend! I wouldn't waste time and energy keeping tabs on her, because that doesn't really help you and just prolongs what you are going through.

Ehm Stealth, the blonde babe is my girlfriend Taryn, so no you can't have her!
Old 02-21-2001, 06:50 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wah- Memnoch has a good point. I meant to say something earlier, but had to actually do some work at the office (grin). It isn't the best idea to follow your ex or try to spy on her new relationships. It'll only bring you more pain and anger. Doesn't sound like you enjoy that, so avoiding it seems the best solution. Clean break is best, buddy. Try it. I imagine you just feel hurt enough to want to 'get back' at her and anyone else you can strike out at...but take it from Cloudy, that's not a good idea. The only one who really gets hurt then is you.

And don't give up your school work and other pals either. I know you need a little time to get past the worst of it, but the schoolwork and pals will help you heal.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-21-2001, 06:53 PM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Wise words from Thundercracker If it doesn't make things better, there's no point in doing it.
Old 02-21-2001, 07:15 PM   #34
Wah.

Ok........Okay. I'll do as you say, even though I deny myself, I know it'll bring it somewhere in the end. Thanks a lot Thundercracker, you've really "cracked" the nut out of my shell. (sorry = bad metaphor!!) I won't spy on her then since I guess you're right, and it'll do nothing more than drag back the past.

Thank you Cloudbringer, and you too Memnoch, for making me realise that life needs to move on, It's funny because I used to say this to others when they needed my comfort - but it's not so easy when you're wrapped up blinded with your own broken feelings. I'd always thought that time heals everything, but if you can't let go then you're never going to move on. It's like deny the future, to refuse to acknowledge the consequences.

Today is the past, and tomorrow is the future. tomorrow I will try to forget everything and move on, even though there may be something I'm bound to hold onto.

It's time to let this thread freefall..................

Bumping it just brings back the past to be and I don't want that.
So please everybody, don't bump this thread anymore.

And Memnoch I agree, "presents aren't promises" and there will never be another valentine's day where I won't forget that.
Thanks Pal

Wah

Old 02-21-2001, 07:24 PM   #35
RAISTLIN

Believe you me, they are right. There is no point in following her or her friends. I can personally vouch for the fact that it does not make things better but possibly exponentially worse. I went that route (i know after what she did to me i would have to be really sick, well i am but that is beside the point) trust me there is no joy to be seen in following her. Shw will most likely be acting like her normal self and it will rub salt in your wounds seeing her go about her daily business.
Memnoch is right if it does not feel good do not do it. Natural selection will tell you that it is not good.

Drop her like the rotten egg she is. The almighty Hell Lich would never have been sastified with a mere mortal who does not recognize beauty when it looks her in the face.

Cloudy- Man i love ya babe. I wish i could have been there when you sat down at the table to make small talk despite your own discomfort. I can just picture that weasel squirmin in his pants. No wonder you play D&D. With the big brass balls you needed to pull that off all the other kids were probably scared of playing with you.

Old 02-21-2001, 07:48 PM   #36
Armisael

One more bump.
Cloudbringer, wish you'd told me earlier. Haven't been through something like that yet; hope I never have to. I'd beat the bastard into a bloody pulp. Then again, it's his loss. Hope you find someone better, you deserve it.

Old 02-22-2001, 03:56 AM   #37
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hey Wah.. I dont know you, and I dont think you need any more advice since this topic is overflowing with it, but I know how you feel (im in the same mess..or was) and I know how it is to just want someone to know you're feeling screwed over instead of asking for advice on how to deal with it and all. No offence to anyone else who posted advice intended of course. Anyways, I feel for you man..but theres always a better day
Old 02-22-2001, 04:37 AM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just a reminder, friends, on what Wah said in his last post of this thread:

It's time to let this thread freefall..................

Bumping it just brings back the past to be and I don't want that.
So please everybody, don't bump this thread anymore.

It's the true measure of the quality of people in this community that posts such as these draw such a positive response from everyone. But let's also respect his wishes and let this post hit terminal velocity.
Old 02-22-2001, 04:58 AM   #39
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

umm... (slam on his head...) if you guys have read wah's last statement... let this thread FREE FALL!!!
let us do that...
Old 02-22-2001, 05:12 AM   #40
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

a quick off topic
gee.. i guess we both typed the send button Memnoch ...
now let us let this free fall ...