Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
jmblt
Welcomed New User

I've been playing RPGs for a long time, something like 25 years, first really good one was 'Alternate Reality: The City' for the Commodore 64, showing my age!!! Have a question on a glitch in the program (?)

Warning spoiler ahead:
I'm trapped in the Spellhold maze, I have cleared it but apparently I killed the Kobald Shaman too quickly, I did not get the crystal shard. Because I came down the stairs from the golem room (NE stairs, turn right, left is large plates that crush) I ended up killing the Kobolds first, then the Umber Hulks and back down to Dace's last...I was unaware till that point that I needed the crystal shard to pass the statue head...Does anyone know how I can obtain this shard before I have to return to a time before I sailed for the Island? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jmblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:10 AM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You need the hand of Dace to pass through the Statue Head I think, that is if we are talking about the same thing (SW from where you start out in the maze).
If you go next to the Crystal and put your mouse over it, I think it goes into the "can do something" mouse (two arrows in a circle). I'm not sure, it's ages since I've been at Spellhold. I thought you had to kill dace and stake him in his coffin to get his hand, the "Hand of the Creater"
Old 01-02-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
jmblt
Welcomed New User

Spoilers
Yes, I have the hand of Dace...I'm not getting the double arrow circle from the crystal though. Because I got the hand of Dace last, or killed the Kobald Shaman before he could summon the avatar...who knows? I'll try again, but haven't had any luck yet. Thanks.

Went back and tried again, no dice...Still can't get the shard. Have tried the following: saving and rebooting, resting beside crystal, fireballs...etc. It just doesn't want to give me the shard.

[ 01-02-2005, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: jmblt ]
Old 01-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That's odd--you're supposed to be given the Shard of Kurtulmak at the same time that the Kobold who carries the Stake is spawned. So if you were able to get Dace's hand, you should already have the crystal shard--unless you used a stake left over from Bodhi's lair.

Search your inventory and the ground around the crystal.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
If you didn't get a message saying that you recieved the shard (white text above your character), I would imagine that you did somehow miss it. You can go back and double check the ground, as Six said... Do you remember any white text at all?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #6
Riftmaker
Elminster

There will be an autosave before you entered that area anyway. Just load that one if you can't find the crystal.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #7
jmblt
Welcomed New User

That's my main problem, because I did the Kobolds first and Dace last, that autosave is gone...leaving me stuck in spellhold. I also have a nasty habit of quick saving after every large battle, so that's out too. The only previous save on one of the other save bars is from chapter 2, might as well start over as to go back there.