Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 08:38 AM   #51
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Or else you could have some Democrat that sticks his head in the sand and sends some poor cop to arrest it, and be applauded by schizos who think that George W. Bush can be both a doofus and an evil genius.
uh...eh?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #52
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
This website is currently suspended pending review by the Royal Danish Occupational Authority of Canada.
The link to filibuster cartoons is currently busted.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:02 AM   #53
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:

ALSO NOTE: WHACKMEISTER, YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY.
Or else you could have some Democrat that sticks his head in the sand and sends some poor cop to arrest it, and be applauded by schizos who think that George W. Bush can be both a doofus and an evil genius. [/b][/QUOTE]Nah, I think most will settle for doofus. Evil doofus, if you like. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh and I echo Ilander's sentiment. Whackmeister didn't just make my day, he made my whole week! Err... he is posting to raise the IW amusement level, right? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #54
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Two groups of people making a fuss over a shitty piece of rock in the middle of nowhere.... now where have i heard this before ?
Oh I dunno, I think alot of good came from the race to put man on the moon [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Ah yes... the moon. I can see men fighting a war over who owns that planet within 50 years too.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 AM   #55
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Umm, Johnny it's not called the moon because it's a planet. It's a moon, get it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 PM   #56
andrewas
Harper

*shrugs*

Well, Luna meets most of the functional criteria for being a planet, and anyway the defintions of planet and moon are both vague and being re-evaluated in the light of the discovery of Sedna.

Theres actualy a (weak) case for Luna being a seperate planet in an orbit highly influenced by Earth - its primary gravitational influence comes from the sun, not the Earth.

Anyway, there won't be wars on the moon till someone gets the technology to profit from it. Probably by He3 mining from the regolith as well as material supplies to LEO and L1,3,4. Not anything thats going to happen anytime soon, regardless of the shrubs big talk regarding a resumed moon program and a mars mission.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:00 PM   #57
Elif Godson
Dracolich

holy hat batman!!!! geez. There is much to be said about all countries if your going to scrutinze them, no one is perfect in any way shape or form. Chill out bud, patriot or not your making a mess of things. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

edit.....

lol when I clicked on this link it was only 5 posts, wow

[ 04-01-2004, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Old 04-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #58
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

hmm, the comic is indeed down, probably as an april fools joke for people who saw yesterdays article when it was up, all I can say is that the story is from two days ago, and is definitely not an April fools joke (now if the site was the Onion then you'd have caught me pulling a fast one, but it's a ligitimate news source)
Old 04-03-2004, 10:58 PM   #59
Ehrys
Manshoon

Wow... Andrewas, you almost blew me away with that one. ;-D
Old 04-04-2004, 11:27 AM   #60
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't really think that Gagliano is Canada's best representative for this little escapade, he's needed back in Ottawa to fix a little problem of 75,000,000 for writing a couple checks. Whackimesiter,calm the hell down, your not helping by bashing the USA, and when was the last time you checked your basic 20th century Canadian history? Canadian freedoms and Negotiation skills? Look what happened at Oka ridge, and Quebec for the last 20 years (FLQ, 1995 elections). Tolerance? 400$ head taxes on people of asian descent all the way up to the 1940's. Helmet of America? The NORAD base in North Lake is funded and staffed by americans (mostly), censhorship? Family values or Eminem blasting out every imaginable swear word in a 3 minute song on a "family" radio. Health Care? Going broke, and with waiting lines of 6 months+ for treatment of a guy with 3 months to live. Canada has lots of good things to, but don't make us seem like a bunch of America bashing fools, 'cause we owe them a shitload.

[ 04-04-2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]