Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 07:57 PM   #41
wellard
Dracolisk

errrr guys do you want to check the DATE of that newspaper report first? mmmkkkkaayyyy [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 03-31-2004, 08:34 PM   #42
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

The funny thing is that I didn't even knows until I watched the news this night .

[ 03-31-2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:16 PM   #43
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
errrr guys do you want to check the DATE of that newspaper report first? mmmkkkkaayyyy [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Yeah? yesterday's news, big deal.

Anyways to the fact that to let the Danes take the island being a precedent, yes it's true, and no I hadn't thought of it in my prior statement. It also reminds me of a certain blunder that led to WWII.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-31-2004, 09:46 PM   #44
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by The Whackmiester:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Now what is this all aboot?

[img]smile.gif[/img]
ROFL Beats me, and Canada isn't even real country. [/QUOTE]*slaps johnny so hard his brains come out his other ear*

Rule number 666 about life: Do *NOT* make fun of a country when a Patriot to that country is nearby!
[/QUOTE]Poor Johnny, slaps The Whackmiester so his head look like an American football.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:13 PM   #45
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Can some one please tell me or post a link to why the Danes own this piece of rock? was it some Viking ship blown of course? Why are Canadians upset or does the aplication of the 200 mile teritoral rights cover some vast oil reserve?
well, if that were the case then Denmark could lay claim to Newfoundland (or is it Labrador?), and we would loose the prescious commodity known as Skreech.
and I'm fairly certian there's no oil up there.....maybe diamonds, but then, I'm not a geologist.

And are any other Canucks out there just as sick of Stockwell Day and opposition as I am? I don't know exactly where I stand politically, but I wish the opposition party would actually DO something rather than just crap on everything the Liberals are doing, though they need a good smack too.

ah, screw politics, everyone to my cabin in the woods for a good old fashioned bush party!!!! a couple drinking contests should clear this matter right up
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm really sick of the loser who got dumped by his own Alliance party. While the opposition just keeps giving the Liberals crap for almost everything,I doubt they'd do an effective job if they were in power.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:20 PM   #46
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I'm Canadian, and proud to be one. [img]tongue.gif[/img] If someone did that a part of Alaska, Bush would probably raise pure hell over it, but if someone invades a piece of rock on our side of the border, then it's all right? I mean, seriously...

It's the principle of the thing. If it's ours, then you don't "think of it as part of Danish territory". Look at a map someday. It's like Iraq claiming Kuwait as part of its country, because they think of it as a part of Iraqi territory.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:31 PM   #47
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Two groups of people making a fuss over a shitty piece of rock in the middle of nowhere.... now where have i heard this before ?
Oh I dunno, I think alot of good came from the race to put man on the moon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 11:49 PM   #48
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Assassin I have no doubt that Bush wouldn't mind sticking his nose in Canada's business if things looked like they might get messy.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-31-2004, 11:57 PM   #49
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Morguerat here: the story was posted yesterday, it's not an April fools joke.

I was directed to the story by this cartoon: http://www.filibustercartoons.com/
Old 04-01-2004, 08:25 AM   #50
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
Lol...golly...somehow I never thought that any other country would threaten Canada's soveriegnty...better not tell George W. Bush about this...he might think it's an act of terrorism! Denmark is a rogue nation!!!

BTW: I DO NOT REALLY HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST DENMARK, PLEASE NO WHACKMEISTER-STYLE WHACKING FROM DENMARKIANS BECAUSE OF MY STATEMENT. IT WAS MEANT SOLELY TO MAKE FUN OF OUR DOOFUS-err, I mean PRESIDENT.

ALSO NOTE: WHACKMEISTER, YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY.
Or else you could have some Democrat that sticks his head in the sand and sends some poor cop to arrest it, and be applauded by schizos who think that George W. Bush can be both a doofus and an evil genius.