Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 01:38 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just wanted to keep you updated on how everything is going:

Yesterday she had a VERY bad day, and cried saying "I know I'm going to die now" but we calmed her down, and we have given her even stronger meds, but that, along with 3 Oxy-Contin (100mg) and she is still moaning. Today lot's of people came by, and we all stayed with her. The Minister gave her 'last rites' just incase something happens tonight. She is sleeping now-still moaning/grunting, but sleeping better..

Since yesterday she has been really incoherent.. closed eyes, saying things from her past, singing. But she is resting, atleast she isn't suffering. She will be in a better place soon, and I know that-she is very religious and always read her bible and prayer book.

It's hard guys, but I'm doing ok, Donna and my Sister are here, we're taking care of her.

She may pass soon (maybe even tomorrow morning) but you can't tell with cancer. it's so horrible.

I'm glad you guys are here too, I'll need ya!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-21-2002, 03:06 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Will say prayers for your family tonight Ziroc! We're here if you need us!
Old 02-21-2002, 03:18 AM   #3
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Ziroc, I'm very sad to hear that. Prayers are with you now. Feel free to cry anytime you like.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-21-2002, 04:02 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

My condolences Dan Thoughts go out to you, your family and most especially your poor mother.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:34 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

My thoughts are with you Dan, and with your family that is supporting you mother. If she is dying, then you at least should be proud of yourself; being there, supporting her, and taking away the pain if possible, is something your mother would really appreciate you did, although she may not be able to express those feelings.

The best for you all,

Michiel

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 02-21-2002, 04:50 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. I pray that you and your family can find the strength to get through this.

Old 02-21-2002, 04:51 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My condolences Dan, I have a grandfather in hospital closing the last chapter to cancer as well. My thoughts are with you and your family Dan!

No words can do justices to what we feel and what we want to do. I´m so sorry Dan!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 02-21-2002, 05:00 AM   #8
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

So sorry to hear that Z. It is nice to hear that she is not in any pain however. Count on a prayer from me.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-21-2002, 06:08 AM   #9
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Dan,

My prayers are with you and your family as well.
*hugs*
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:13 AM   #10
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Dan, I admire you for the fact that you have found the energy to come here and tell us about that during such an immensely tough time, but I admire you - and your family - even more for having the strength for being there for your mother like that.
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -