Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Griefmaker
The Magister

Hey all!

I was wondering what people think of MM9. I have been trying to think of some games that I have but never really played, and this was one. I personally was not too impressed by MM9, but I don't think I have really given it a chance--seeing as how I have only played it for about 3 hours, at which point I happened to get BG2 and all other games took a back seat for a year. I have played and enjoyed all of the other MM games but I know this one differed am do not know how it turned out.

Did anyone else like it or should it be one that collects more dust?

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 AM   #2
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I have quite a few games that just collect dust, I dont know why, I just dont like playing them. Either the story doesn't latch on or I'm not into the gameplay, but it seems nowadays, if the story is good, i could play anything, granted I've never played migth and magic, but my friend came over and we shared a bottle of vodcka,, buit he left and now its just me and maybe thats why I;m posting about a game Ive never played.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I didn't like MM9 when I first played it. Few years later I've decided to give this game a second chance and yet I still don't like it. There are too many flaws in this game and you can tell that 3do has rushed it's production. The storyline is there but you really have to research for it ( i mean literally ). The opening movie itself has created lots of confusion to what's it is all about.

If you want to replay MM games. There are other better MM games such as MM6 , 7 or 8. Heck the classic MM1 ~ 5 are good too.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

MM9 was the first with that new engine and map display. It was a little frustrating in some ways, but if you get the unofficial patches, it's playable. Not as good as MM6 or MM7, but what is, in the MM world?

Biggest bother to me was the amount of time I spent running across the maps. No fly spell, no way to cross mountains, so there was a lot of boring "run, run, run".

Quests were somewhat interesting, but too many "errand-boy" type quests -- the hair from the hag's brush, for example. End game was similar to WOX or W&W, but not as challenging... and I'll spoil no more than that.

Still, there were some good parts to it, and some challenging things as well. I'd replay it again... perhaps after the MM8 game I started up a couple of nights ago.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

I actually like it pretty well. In fact I started playing it because I was trying to console myself that my puter won't run Oblivion. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's not real buggy, but some of the bugs have to do with mainline quests and are driving me crazy. I completed the Mage and the Paladin quests, but have gotten credit for neither of them. The game shows no advancement at all. I'm currently googling for an editor to promote my own damn self, but since it's so old, all the links are dead and gone. Oh well. I've played BG and NW and MW to death. **kicks a rock** [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\self-pity mode
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... not all the links should be dead and old. Perhaps the 3do ones are, but the patches still exist in the community.

Check DaveO's Looting Lore site... he's got links to TELP's MM9 1.3a patch, as well as a few other things.

Make your way as well to Castle Gobs, Ribannah's MM site. It covers MM6-9 as well as the Book of Ceth, the MM tribute game being built in the MM community.

So enough o' that pity stuff! Grab a mug o' dwarven stout, and get out there and kill something what needs it!
-+-+-+
Old 03-29-2006, 03:23 AM   #7
bakrus
The Magister

i didn`t like mm9 at the first ,because it did not look like m&m. but after i have played it for a few hours i found out that since it is a M&M game i just had to play through it, i have almost finished it know but it`s one of the most bugged games i have ever played and now i don`t get any further..

ok game but when it got released it was already old!

i`m just waiting for the new M&M game form bioware which should be one of the greatest 1person RPG game, next to oblivion.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:33 PM   #8
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Are the M&M games turn based?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can do combat either real-time or turn-based, and switch during combat.

Unless you go back to MM5 and before, where everything was turn-based. No more than three monsters attacking at a time... unless they had ranged attacks...
-+-+-+