Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I'm currently looking to expand my movie collection with some of the worst (yet most entertaining) movies ever. Movies so poor they're hillarious. Take 'Alone in the Dark' for example.. the plot, as well as the acting and dialogues are so poor it's a blast to watch. Other movies on my list (none of which I have seen in years) are 'Streetfighter' (starring: the 'muscles from Brussels' Jean-Claude van Damme)- which doesn't even attempt to hide the fact it's a B-movie and features a great number of hillarious dialogues ("For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me... it was Tuesday"), as well as rotten acting (in a hillarious way). Another movie I'm trying to find is 'Split Second', in which Rudger Hauer chases a mutated super-rat through London. The acting isn't all that poor, but everything is so over the top ("We need bigger guns! BIGGER F****G GUNS!!!") it's impossible to take seriously. Any suggestions? As I'd love to add some titles to the list.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

The following movies have some pretty poor acting.

Predator
Terminator 1,2 and 3
Twins
Last Action Hero
Jingle All the Way
Turboman
Kindergarden Cop
Junior
Conan the Barbarian
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:

Predator
Terminator 1,2 and 3
Twins
Last Action Hero
Jingle All the Way
Turboman
Kindergarden Cop
Junior
Conan the Barbarian
Yeah, too bad Arnie's stuck with a crappy cast all the way, eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
Imrahil
Elminster

How about...

- Roadhouse
- Big Trouble in Little China
- Tremors (the sequels are just bad, IMO, rather than so bad they're good)
- Clueless
- Starship Troopers (again, the sequel is just plain old bad)

Basically all movies that, if I see they're on on a Saturday afternoon, I'll probably wind up watching, completely unable to turn the channel.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by armageddon272:

Predator
Terminator 1,2 and 3
Twins
Last Action Hero
Jingle All the Way
Turboman
Kindergarden Cop
Junior
Conan the Barbarian
Yeah, too bad Arnie's stuck with a crappy cast all the way, eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Not necessarilly (I can nevr spell that right!) true. He was next to Danny Devito in Twins. I've actually enjoyed severalof those films, I just don't like Aaahnold's acting.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

You could try Hard Boiled. It's a Chow Yun Fat movie from Hong Kong. I've seen a lot of action movies, but I've never seen so many rounds fired as in this movie. Sometimes it pisses me off that all the movie bad guys have automatic weapons and the movie good guys usually make do with a pistol. Not in Hard Boiled; it's Uzis and shotguns all the way.

To make things even more entertainingly bad, the only DVD transfer available in the West features poor dubbing, not subtitles.

If you're into the martial arts flicks, almost anything by Jackie Chan (esp. the Drunken Master films) probably fits into your criteria above. They don't have any real plot or character development, but the fighting is slapstickish (slapsticky?) and technically sound.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:05 AM   #7
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Every movie ever made with Steven Segal - especially "Out for Justice".
Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Omg, is anything worse than Steven Segal? He redefine bad acting. He probably chose scripts based on how bad they are.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:46 AM   #9
Griefmaker
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:

Predator
Terminator 1,2 and 3
Twins
Last Action Hero
Jingle All the Way
Turboman
Kindergarden Cop
Junior
Conan the Barbarian
Predator and Conan--those movies are pure class! I can feel the manliness ooze out of my pores when I watch those movies. Terminator 1 and 2 were pretty good as well. The rest, yeah, pretty poor acting. But it is Arnold, so who cares.

BTW, Hecules in New York is probably the worst offender as far as poor acting goes [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:06 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hey! Clueless is ART. [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Make fun of Predator all you want, but it's universally known as the one movie that was able to get the audience to connect with, and like, the "meat" characters.