Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2002, 01:19 AM   #21
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:
Okay then....
I'm having a strange problem. I'm playing an elven fighter mage. He was a ninth level fighter and I added one level of wizard when I reached tenth. All it gave me was 3 skill pts, 3 hps, and the ability to summon a familiar. I cannot cast any spells. I can't hot key them, I can't pick them off of the radial menu. They do not appear there so I can't choose them for either on the fly casting or hotkeying. I've tried: Taking off my armor (it's leather, 10% failure chance). Restarting. Releveling. Reloading a bunch. Clicking like a starcraft addict on crack..... But still... No spells.

Any suggestions?

DeSoya

P.S. My INT is 13 so no problems there.
Have you scribed scrolls in your spellbook? I have playyed a NWN mage yet so I dont know if that how 3ed spell learning works, but you may have to scribe some scrolls into your book before you can select them.....Click the spell icon on the top right menu and see what you've got. If you do have spells their you may just hafta memorize them? Or you know all this and Im just running my mouth? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #22
Kraki
Welcomed New User

ok, i fixed my last problem, it did turn out that my video drivers were not up to date, but now i have another frustrating problem... now i've played the game for nearly 15 hours, but now it locks up... this is the ONLY game i've played on my computer that actually makes my computer restart. and it doesn't matter if i'm playing an existing character or starting a new one.. any ideas?

Kraki
Kraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 11:35 AM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
check your armor just take it off and see what happens you might have disabled your ranger skills with the type of armor you have. Aslo i hada problem once when I zoned and my bear did nto It loked to me like i had no bear with me but ti woudl nto let me cast for another one. I zoned back and there he was he had got stuck in awall.
First off, thanks for the help, to you and Chewie.
When you lost your Bear Lanthir, did you still have his icon under yours? Mine is gone, I assumed he had been killed in a wild fight, and haven't seen him since, nor have I been able to summon him. As for armour, I stripped the character naked to see if thatw as the case, I am running this ranger with Leather +1 because I want to take full advantage of my 22 Dexterity. Well thanks again, and Ill try the hot key thing, Ive gone into Chapter two and lost my panther in Chapter 1 so I can't go back and look for him

I'll ask Bioware about this too.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:38 AM   #24
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:

Bug#2 And I thought I just forgot to save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now very aware of this, as I have fallen prey to it twice, Both times I thought I was just absentminded about Q-saving!!!!!! Or are you just absent-minded sometime too ?

Goodluck with your animal companion! [img]smile.gif[/img]
No Chewie [img]smile.gif[/img] You warn't absent minded, it is a real bug, don't know how it is happening but it happens. You would think that if you over write the file it could never come back...but it apparently does

[ 06-26-2002, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 06-26-2002, 07:04 PM   #25
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca

Have you scribed scrolls in your spellbook? I have playyed a NWN mage yet so I dont know if that how 3ed spell learning works, but you may have to scribe some scrolls into your book before you can select them.....Click the spell icon on the top right menu and see what you've got. If you do have spells their you may just hafta memorize them? Or you know all this and Im just running my mouth?
Okay... Problem seems to be fixed. I did everything at once (restart, reload and relevel) and it let me memorize my spells. Chances are that it was a PEPCAK error and I wasn't clicking on the memorize button thingy.

DeSoya
Old 06-26-2002, 10:16 PM   #26
Grinch
The Magister

I can play for several days then neither of two saved games will load,after this happens Starting up NWN causes an invalid page fault in Windows 98.After that NWN has to be reinstalled before you can begin a new game(the old saved games are still not loading). I plan to format this computer tomorrow and reinstall Windows 98,unless someone else thinks installing Windows 2000 would work better? I think this is a real bug,but by formatting and reinstalling I think I will reduce the chance that there is an error in my system software. It sure is getting tiresome when I get all the way to chap 2 and then I have to start all over again.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:20 AM   #27
Ass Gremlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i dont know if this is a bug or i didn't download something right but at the top of the host tower were aribeth is supposta take her vow to maugrim they just sit there and stare at each other.
Are you tired of not being able to diable that deadly trap? Well then call the Ass Gremlin*, just follow two easy steps: <br /><br />1. grab your Ass Gremlin and throw him on trap <br /><br />2. watch and laugh as he runs a round screaming and rolling on the ground in agony.
Ass Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 04:17 AM   #28
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Magik, you might do well in asking Bioware about the Anmal companion bug.
In 3:Ed all the virtual feet are depending on armour type, ie, ambidextrious, two weapon fighting, imp two weapon fighting. The rest is just penalties to your DEX, movement and skills. So your magic and other abilities are not hindered by armour. At least in the 3:ed. So since I DON`T have the game I can only respond to what it should be since they said this would be so in the FAQ. Good luck in finding the solution..

RANTING MODE! IT`S DELAYED HERE!!! ARRRRGH!!!! I will definetely make an evil cleric sorcerer!!!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 07:45 AM   #29
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

[quote]Originally posted by Lanthir:
Quote:
Originally posted by Zateel:
[qb]Not really a bug, but I notice that if you play about twelve hours in a row (can't help it) that the game gets much slower. Actually, I probably exited and restarted three times in there to get my resources back. But, I only have 128 megs.
that might be your vid card over heating. FI it over heats it slows down to cool off. I use to have that problem and I added an additional fan to cool things off.

That could be possible, but if I exit the game and restart the speed is back up. If it were a heat problem I would think the delay would still affect the game. Regardless, I need a new videocard.

I also wanted to confirm the bug about quicksaves. On *SEVERAL* occasions I have tried to load a quicksave only to find it was a much older save than I belived it to be. I had dismissed it as mental fatigue from the long playing hours, or perhaps a gas leak in my house causing a little dain bramage. So to anyone reading...

REGULARLY SAVE YOUR GAME IN A SLOT OTHER THAN QUICKSAVE
Old 06-27-2002, 09:22 AM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for everyone's efforts in trying to keep all the info to this thread - it helps everyone (both people with problems and people with the solutions to those problems). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote