Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hi! I want to do the Ritual.-I am doing it for the first time. I play on Insane and obviously Tactics Mod. So i talked to Pontifex,used the stuff he gave me ,saved and.... DIED!

URH! This is one tough battle...

I am still in SoA Chapter Six:

Party consists of:
PC-brainless Dwarven Berseker-lvl 19
Even more brainless Barbarian-lvl 19
Paladin-lvl 17
Sorcerer-lvl 17
Assasain-lvl 22

Those Fighters,Mages,Thieves are so damn hard... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Tips would be appriciated.

[ 09-05-2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #2
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

There are some nasty assassins (who can use Kai ) - so True Sight !

Spoilers:

You know that if you want to destroy a skull, you have to kill all its guardians.
Keep them busy with summons and don't spend all of your spells too soon, you have 7 (I think) skulls to destroy. Skulls level drain with ranged attack !

Use the scrolls from Pontifex !

Hmm, what else ?

How do you die ?
Old 09-05-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well it was like this. Assasain was scouting,and then there was a group of all classes mentioned before. They spotted him attacked. I attacked also but forgot to "buff up" with Pontifex`s potions and scrolls so i was killed,and blown into little pieces of flesh. Not a nice scene...
Old 09-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I seriously looked again and again when I first started the Ritual Quest; dude those groups are bad *ss killers! haven't played BG II for a while so I can't help you with the tactics Xen but ... be prepared because you can only rest like 3 times there (you have to complete the quest in X hours otherwise you failed)

Old 09-05-2003, 04:58 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

7 hours to be precise. I also checked HINTS.Ritual but there is only one battle but the guy who won was already in ToB.

Oh well...

[ 09-05-2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 09-06-2003, 05:27 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yo! I managed to kill 3-4 groups. Pain in da` rear i say. Sorcerer killed one group me along with other Tanks second,third...

But then that stupid Wu-Jen asked me something,troops were closing in from the north AND south... i think I lasted about 30 seconds. Pretty good on Insane. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I am so sad. If only i could save!...but mo...

Thanks to my Thief,I was not killed by Shadowstalkers,becuase he was using True Sight aka Detect Illusion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*goes planning
Old 09-06-2003, 06:28 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A piece of advice. Divide and conquer.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:03 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

[ 09-06-2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 09-06-2003, 07:07 PM   #9
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
I seriously looked again and again when I first started the Ritual Quest; dude those groups are bad *ss killers! haven't played BG II for a while so I can't help you with the tactics Xen but ... be prepared because you can only rest like 3 times there (you have to complete the quest in X hours otherwise you failed)

You can't rest even once. Only sorcerers and mages can rest and re-memorize.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:36 AM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:

You can't rest even once. Only sorcerers and mages can rest and re-memorize. [/QUOTE]Actually you can. I have rested three times and the battle text said:"Ritual Completed" and all enemies died.
Of course i used Power Word:Reload...