Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-20-2003, 10:26 PM   #101
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Wow, I never thought this thread would generate a response like this. Just for the record, however, I will clarify a few points.
1. I have no desire to file a lawsuit against anyone. I do not want an incident made of it. I just want an appology for the, in my opinion, unnecessary treatment, and some disciplinary action taken against the customs and security officials.

I can understand that and would feel exactly the same if it had happened to me.

2. I understand the need for the security in the US at the moment, but like I said before there's no need to be a dick while doing it.

Agreed, however you do always have to see the other side of the story. Again these are the guys who got burned big time with 9/11 and Im sure they are VERY motivated to try and prevent a repeat.

3. I travel quite extensively for business, and quite familiar with the DO's and DON'T's of customs. Being "a dick," as it were, just makes matters worse. I complied with all requests made of me no matter how ridiculous.

Again I agree with you here.

Heeding the advice of my lawyers, I shouldn't discuss the details much further as things always have a way of becoming twisted. I posted this thread as a rant, to blow some steam off. I wasn't attacking the US, and feel no resentment or ill will against the US as a whole, just the individuals who abuse the power of their positions, whether US or not. I do question whether I would have been treated the same if I were a US citizen.

I never saw your post as an anti-us type of thing, it was a combination of several other posts that sort of just irked me with everyone piling on the customs people. I never really thought of this as a patriotism issue.

Sorry if it looked like I was attacking you, but I was only trying to take the other side when I saw what I was an unfair piling on. I do hope that things get straightened out and your damages redressed.

I hope there is no umm Animosity between us Pax!

Old 02-20-2003, 10:35 PM   #102
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Wow, I never thought this thread would generate a response like this. Just for the record, however, I will clarify a few points.
1. I have no desire to file a lawsuit against anyone. I do not want an incident made of it. I just want an appology for the, in my opinion, unnecessary treatment, and some disciplinary action taken against the customs and security officials.

I can understand that and would feel exactly the same if it had happened to me.

2. I understand the need for the security in the US at the moment, but like I said before there's no need to be a dick while doing it.

Agreed, however you do always have to see the other side of the story. Again these are the guys who got burned big time with 9/11 and Im sure they are VERY motivated to try and prevent a repeat.

3. I travel quite extensively for business, and quite familiar with the DO's and DON'T's of customs. Being "a dick," as it were, just makes matters worse. I complied with all requests made of me no matter how ridiculous.

Again I agree with you here.

Heeding the advice of my lawyers, I shouldn't discuss the details much further as things always have a way of becoming twisted. I posted this thread as a rant, to blow some steam off. I wasn't attacking the US, and feel no resentment or ill will against the US as a whole, just the individuals who abuse the power of their positions, whether US or not. I do question whether I would have been treated the same if I were a US citizen.

I never saw your post as an anti-us type of thing, it was a combination of several other posts that sort of just irked me with everyone piling on the customs people. I never really thought of this as a patriotism issue.

Sorry if it looked like I was attacking you, but I was only trying to take the other side when I saw what I was an unfair piling on. I do hope that things get straightened out and your damages redressed.

I hope there is no umm Animosity between us Pax!
[/QUOTE]No worries, MagiK
Old 02-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #103
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Thanks for the update Animal! I hope that things work out for you. I think that, at the least, you do deserve an apology. Unfortunately, that's probably all you'll get, and even that's not certain. Good luck though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"