Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #11
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Anything with 3D since my card blew up a few months ago. *grumble*
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:49 AM   #12
bakrus
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by bakrus:
well my Pc got pentium4 2,8MHz prossessor , 1Gb memory.. ATI radeon 9800 128mb graphic card, and has the newest drivers, but still can`t play doom 3 on the best graphic qualities.... so i don`t know what to do to get the best quality?..

only thing i can do to play with the best graphics without the game crashes or going slow, is to set the graphics on normal and rest almost at the best/highest............. very irritating....
Yeah, no offence, but your hardware isn't all that great these days, it's still ok, but nothing spectacular, only since my upgrade on the weekend have i been able to play it on maximum settings and keep above 50fps constantly. [/QUOTE]no offense taken.. and yes i know it`s kinda old now.. got my computer about 3 years ago.. so i need a new graphic card , more memory , not sure about the prossessor but could get use of one with at least 3,6 Ghz.. but here in norway, computer hardwares are quite expensive.. so i don`t think i`m able to buy some of it unthil next summer..

but i don`t now whats the best(good) hardware now these days to get. so i would gladly appriciate if here is someone with good tips for upgrading my computer=) ??
Old 12-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I run 2 gigs Gskill ram, 3.8Ghz (OC'ed 3.2northwood) and 6800gt

Can run warcraft all settings full, full 16x antialising no prob. at 1280x1024 but....

Battlefield 2 all settings full slows down the frames a lot, and

Need for Speed Most wanted gets choppy a lil bit at 1280x1024 with all settings high.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:49 PM   #14
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I don't own any games that make HossCat cry .

Every game I own can be played at full settings...though there are certain high-res texture areas in the mods I've downloaded for Morrowind that eat through about half of my RAM, which slows things down slightly.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:49 AM   #15
Griefmaker
The Magister

I cannot play anything that comes out these days.

I still have my P3 733MHz with 512 RAM. It doesn't even have an AGP slot! I have a bloody geforce 4 MMX for a video card!

That being said, I can run almost all games made before 2002 like a champ--even VERY old DOS games (ah, the good old days!)

All I need to do is save money so that I can buy something that kicks butt, but I would first have to give up my wife and kid before I could do that. Or plan B is to sell myself on the street corner [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, here I come Mr. Street Corner... 5 dolla, love you lots! [img]graemlins/1ohbaby.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 02:18 AM   #16
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Sims 2. Blah.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #17
Madman
The Magister

got graphic card issues with fable an cant even get it to play sad days
Old 12-11-2005, 05:55 AM   #18
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, i played this NUTS.wad for DooMII, and guess what.

There were so many monsters in that game in one room, the amount of corpses when I was done STILL slowed down my pc to 1/5 fps. In the next room, I was constantly flying because the multitude of archviles attacking me.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Believe it or not, Sacred. I love playing it but my computer locks up from time to time and supposedly there's a big memory leak in the game itself which probably accounts for the jumpiness and lockups after I've played for a half hour or so.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 AM   #20
Lignoba
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tresures of the Savage Frontier... lol jkjkjkjk. Guild Wars has some problems when I am facing some of the Chaar armies.
Lignoba is offline   Reply With Quote