Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-30-2001, 03:52 PM   #11
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

not all golems are weak against blunt. I believe stone golems are immunt to it.
Old 08-30-2001, 05:59 PM   #12
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Strangely enough, I found that the "Azure Edge" axe works on Golems. I just lead the big boys to a door they can't get through and pelt them with the axe while I go get a pepsi. It takes a while, but they will fall. Dont forget the set traps ability beforehand works well too.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:58 PM   #13
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dimon37:
not all golems are weak against blunt. I believe stone golems are immunt to it.

Not so, Dimon37, I have beat all golems with blunt weapons, they might have some resistance over the others, but all golems will sucumb to the mighty blunt hammer against it's head...

Side question on archers, even thought they have great thaco's, are they capable of hurting iron and adaminte golems with just arrows? I would think that towards the end of the game they would have problems. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and I might try one out.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"

[This message has been edited by IrishHound (edited 08-30-2001).]
Old 08-30-2001, 07:07 PM   #14
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Strangely enough, I found that the "Azure Edge" axe works on Golems. I just lead the big boys to a door they can't get through and pelt them with the axe while I go get a pepsi. It takes a while, but they will fall. Dont forget the set traps ability beforehand works well too.
Azure Edge is +3
and +3 is needed to hurt that iron bastard

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

Old 08-30-2001, 08:29 PM   #15
Thrawn
The Magister

Like what kind of problems are you talking about?? i'm very close to get into ToB with my first solo character the archer and was able to down all of the mosters, some gave me problems but i worked and used my good ol friend bob to help me out, (note: bob is my lessor air elemental from the air staff, it rocks)
Old 08-30-2001, 11:06 PM   #16
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

I guess what I'm trying to say, Thrawn, is that certain creatures need +3 or better weapons to damgae them, and while an archer may get great to hits and damage using a bow, if the arrow itself is only a +2 arrow, how are you able to hurt them. Even if your bow is a +3, it's the arrow that does the damage! Someone straighten me out if you can, I'm sorta confused on this issue.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 08-31-2001, 05:28 AM   #17
Arachnia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just bunch them up behind an iron or adamant in a doorway, then use any combo's of the following (all easily available early in SOA)

Tansherons bow, Azuredge, Sling of Everard, Melf's Minute Meteors.

All ranged, all count as at least +3, kiss your golem problems goodbye

Old 08-31-2001, 05:33 AM   #18
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishHound:
I guess what I'm trying to say, Thrawn, is that certain creatures need +3 or better weapons to damgae them, and while an archer may get great to hits and damage using a bow, if the arrow itself is only a +2 arrow, how are you able to hurt them. Even if your bow is a +3, it's the arrow that does the damage! Someone straighten me out if you can, I'm sorta confused on this issue.

Yup that is indeed a serious problem and the only solution i found so far was to use a bow that doesn't require arrowes like Gesen Bow
because their magical arrows count as the + number of the bow in gesen bow's case +3

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

Old 08-31-2001, 10:49 AM   #19
Vampire

Lower Resistance if you can face them in melee.
Old 08-31-2001, 06:43 PM   #20
Thrawn
The Magister

oh that's what you was refering to, that problem, i never ever had a problem with that, i simplely used normal bows untill i got out of the first dugeon and worked my way out of the town and then i headed right to trademeet and got that one magic bow that don't req any arrows, it can hit dragons, liches, ada golems and all that crap, all i got to do is grab the string then i'll have my bow of genshin (sp)

i personaly didn't find it much of problems at all really.