Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 07:46 AM   #1
PoGo
Welcomed New User

I just installed ToB and am playing through SoA again with it installed but am having trouble with the 'X appears busy' bug. Whenever i try to speak to someone as part of a quest half they time it says they appear busy, I am running windows XP but i thought the latest patch (which i think is in ToB) fixed this any help would be appreciated.

Also when i tried to search for anything on this bug the forum search thing doesnt seem to work at all :/
Old 11-26-2001, 09:34 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by PoGo:
I just installed ToB and am playing through SoA again with it installed but am having trouble with the 'X appears busy' bug. Whenever i try to speak to someone as part of a quest half they time it says they appear busy, I am running windows XP but i thought the latest patch (which i think is in ToB) fixed this any help would be appreciated.

Also when i tried to search for anything on this bug the forum search thing doesnt seem to work at all :/

Try here..Baldurdash

Check the different patches they have, and I believe they have one to fix the "X is busy" bug.

Welcome to the board!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:00 AM   #3
Zbyszek

Coming back to X is busy i had once funny problem. I have made Trademeet quest and brought that trophy to mayor, instead of one of families. Then I killed one of lords and his guards (for his armour [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) and from that moment other free-running outdoor nobles in Trademeet "appeared to be busy" - but I didnt need them anyway.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:18 AM   #4
cheesus
Dungeon Master

his armour? did they have something good? hmmm, might have to pay them if a visit if they do...
Old 11-26-2001, 01:18 PM   #5
PoGo
Welcomed New User

Cheers ive got the right patch now and am playing as a human dual long sword weilding fighter imported from BG1 [img]smile.gif[/img] with 19 constitution and 19 strength without using shadowkeeper I think I might try soloing after this game, maybe as an all powerful mage, though I do wonder how he would heal himself :/ I suppose I could always be evil hook him up with Viconia as a 2 member party
Old 11-27-2001, 03:38 AM   #6
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by cheesus:
his armour? did they have something good? hmmm, might have to pay them if a visit if they do...

He has armour (AC=5 only) you can wear and cast spells. Since I use figther/mage (and other mages also needs bracers) it is usefull.