Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #21
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

And I thought this was a thread about Ziroc wanting to change his diet....

How about a new forum just for spamming? Although, the downside of this is, we might never see Neb et al again.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-05-2002, 06:40 PM   #22
Lioness
Jack Burton

NO!

Sorry, but Z, here's one vote fully in favor of keeping IW the way it is, Spam and Seriousness together in one forum. It makes it much more fun and much easier. The one thing I'm not too fond of at TSR is the way I have to visist two forums to get my general chat in. GD wouldn't be the same without spam.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:43 PM   #23
Lord Shield

spammo notto neededo *tut*

Old 05-05-2002, 07:00 PM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
NO!

Sorry, but Z, here's one vote fully in favor of keeping IW the way it is, Spam and Seriousness together in one forum. It makes it much more fun and much easier. The one thing I'm not too fond of at TSR is the way I have to visist two forums to get my general chat in. GD wouldn't be the same without spam.
I would never make a Forum for 'just spam'. never...
(I believe that is what you meant 'no' to, right?)

It's just that there comes a point when there is just... SPAM! [img]smile.gif[/img] and posting a message like 'me too' or 'look at my sig' or just stuff like that. we covered what spam is.. General 'chat' threads are fine, just sick of the spam..

(Every few Months we usually remind people--for new users mostly)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-05-2002, 07:03 PM   #25
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
NO!

I would never make a Forum for 'just spam'. never...
(I believe that is what you meant 'no' to, right?)

It's just that there comes a point when there is just... SPAM! [img]smile.gif[/img] and posting a message like 'me too' or 'look at my sig' or just stuff like that. we covered what spam is.. General 'chat' threads are fine, just sick of the spam..

(Every few Months we usually remind people--for new users mostly)
[/QUOTE] Gratz, Z-man. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm behind ya on what you're saying about 'bad' spam. I don't want my quality spam getting a bad rep. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #26
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Gratz, Z-man. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm behind ya on what you're saying about 'bad' spam. I don't want my quality spam getting a bad rep. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm with ya Lioness - not that I'd EVER SPAM - or anything like that
Old 05-05-2002, 07:29 PM   #27
Tiamat
Banned User

The colors slow me down..... but I am a vewy fast typist tho!
Old 05-05-2002, 07:30 PM   #28
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Gratz, Z-man. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm behind ya on what you're saying about 'bad' spam. I don't want my quality spam getting a bad rep. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm with ya Lioness - not that I'd EVER SPAM - or anything like that [/QUOTE]Certainly not! [img]smile.gif[/img] I would never suspect you of such a thing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 07:34 PM   #29
Tiamat
Banned User

And Im not pure insanity. If yuz let Epona go.... u gotta let me go 2......
Old 05-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And Tiamat has just now given us two PRIME examples of what we are not supposed to be doing as Ziroc has ordered...right here on this very page! The very same stinking thread that Ziroc made asking us not to use dumb spam is being done already! Some people never learn.

With some kids, all it takes is to send them to thier room without dinner.
Some kids have to be spanked.
Some kids have to stand in a corner for 10 minutes, not allowed to talk.
And then there are the ones that after the tired parent has tried everything known to a civilized world to get their child to behave, use good manners, and not do bad things that the parent gives up hope...walks over to the gun rack and picks up the hunting rifle, aims and fires...

This may be one such case.
Ziroc, I promise to bail you outta jail after you've done it.

[ 05-05-2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]