Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2002, 11:05 AM   #51
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Call it bloodthirsty call it being a big bully, but one way or another, if you are the runt of the litter, you better learn to live in peace with the rest of the people or you ARE going to get squashed. There is no shame in killing the indiscriminate killers who threaten men, women and children who have done nothing more than lived and breathed and who cannot fight back.

On the topic of the "US WAR on terrorism" Id like to thank our comrades in arms from other nations who are also out there with us, but with the exception of the Brits, our other allies who have pledged full support have shown neither support in arms, money or men and seem to be content hiding behind the US and to let us do the dirty work and just benefiting from our sacrifices...to them I say, for shame! Have you no honour? Do you have no courage? or would you prefer to follow the path of appeasement? Which by the way in the history of the world has never worked...ask Neville Chamberlain.
Weren't We Forced to help?
We didn't have a choise to be neutral
And can you tell me WTF our Soldiers are doing in Afganisten when We aren't helping?

Furthermore
What is the honer in killing the lives of Innocents because there might be a terrorist hiding in the middle of them/?
This is Vietnam all over again[/QB][/QUOTE]Forced?? How? Did someone point a gun at you and say, "Help or Die"?

As for killing innocents...if you think thats what has been going on, then its no use trying to say this again...BUT I will anyway...We aren't out there killing innocents by the droves. A FEW have been hurt, regretably this happens in any conflict, at least the USA for one goes to extreme measures to minimize "innocent" casualties, even to the extent of risking and looosing the lives of our own combatants.

Old 04-01-2002, 11:15 AM   #52
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Call it bloodthirsty call it being a big bully, but one way or another, if you are the runt of the litter, you better learn to live in peace with the rest of the people or you ARE going to get squashed. There is no shame in killing the indiscriminate killers who threaten men, women and children who have done nothing more than lived and breathed and who cannot fight back.

On the topic of the "US WAR on terrorism" Id like to thank our comrades in arms from other nations who are also out there with us, but with the exception of the Brits, our other allies who have pledged full support have shown neither support in arms, money or men and seem to be content hiding behind the US and to let us do the dirty work and just benefiting from our sacrifices...to them I say, for shame! Have you no honour? Do you have no courage? or would you prefer to follow the path of appeasement? Which by the way in the history of the world has never worked...ask Neville Chamberlain.
Weren't We Forced to help?
We didn't have a choise to be neutral
And can you tell me WTF our Soldiers are doing in Afganisten when We aren't helping?

Furthermore
What is the honer in killing the lives of Innocents because there might be a terrorist hiding in the middle of them/?
This is Vietnam all over again
[/QUOTE]Rikard, thats probably about the smartest thing ive seen you type. (and thats saying something)

There are troops from many countries in the world out there, purely because of defence treaties with the US.
What I want to know is why we act on DEFENCE treaties, when the US isnt currently under attack ?? Dont these treaties that the US has used to force us out there simply mean that we have to go out to the US and fight for them when THEY are under attack ??
Over the past few days, I have been looking at different media, and from what ive seen and heard, the US has this defence:
We were attacked. We are in danger of being attacked again.
And yet the treaties only cover the times when the US IS under attack. They are out there, on an attack which doesnt have any proof to back it up, after a suspect they thought might have done it within a few hours of the attack.

And besides, if it WAS Osama BinLaden, why are they taking so long to get him ?? As Jay Lenno said:

Hes a 6 foot tall man on a dialises machine. You wouldnt think hed be that hard to find.[/QB][/QUOTE]I do believe that the USA gives more than it gets from its treaties with its allies. And I will point out, every nation is free to backl out of the defense treaties...the thing is...they WANT the treaties with the USA because they know that the US is the only place that can save them if the crap hits the fan. If you dislike the way your government handles defense treaties, you should work for reform in your own country and not b*tch at the USA for requiring you to stand by your given word. If you can't be trusted to live up to your promises then you deserve what you get. The USA isn't perfect and has screwed up royaly in the past, but the current "war" on terrorism and its sponsoring states (Syria, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, China and from what I hear Libya is starting to look hot again) is well founded, about time, and a fight that needs to be fought. If you value civilization over barbarism and terror you have to face those leaders who promote them. As John D said earlier, these jokers in the middle east were killing each other long before the West ever got involved, it is why their civilization is in the sorry state it is today.