Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 03:31 PM   #11
ReGiN

Well Dundee, as we say in Sweden...."smaken är som baken, delad"
which means; "the taste is like the behind, split"

Old 10-29-2001, 03:52 PM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Pallys and rangers can wear the amulet if you downloaded the patch from Balduran.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-29-2001, 04:06 PM   #13
Jim
Quintesson

The amulet can be worn by all except fighters and thieves (fighters excludes rangers and paladins, it is only the raw fighter class that cannot wear it!!)

Well done Dundee laddie. I'm only replying to this because I've just done the exact same thing a few moments ago (literally about 20 mins).....soloed the shadow dragon. It's my first time solo through the game, so I'm using fighter/mage/thief, so I had the advantage of breach, but it was still no real easy task, especially since I had no way of defending from the shadow dragon breath and I had no boots of speed!

You're very brave soloing with a cavalier. How do you get past some parts that require trap disarming/lock picking?

My character has begun picking from the high level abilities pool, and can choose between thieving or fighter abilities, but does anyone know why the mage abilities are not present? I really want to use dragons breath and improved alcracity (sp?)
Old 10-29-2001, 04:14 PM   #14
chickenhed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok woah. help me out here one person says i can only wear the amulet of power on a paladin IF i download a patch from balduran. then someone else tells me i can wear the amulet on a paladin REGARDLESS if i download any sort of patch. im losin' it here, people. help!
Old 10-29-2001, 08:49 PM   #15
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah firkraag was kind of a sissy. sometimes when im bored in tob i just use the cheats to summon dragins and i just kill them with my solo cavlier. its pretty fun, and quite satisfying when you murder a dragon solo

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN
Old 10-29-2001, 08:59 PM   #16
andrewas
Harper

jim, you can only choose from the abilities for the class you just leveled up as. so when you level up as a mage youll be able to get Comet and Dragons Breath..
Old 10-30-2001, 02:21 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
You're very brave soloing with a cavalier. How do you get past some parts that require trap disarming/lock picking?

For traps, I just grit my teeth and walk past them. I am immuned to poison and my saving throws are low, low, low! So I only tend to get physical damage.

For locks, I use Draw Upon Holy Might to boost my STR and bash the lock open.

My character has begun picking from the high level abilities pool, and can choose between thieving or fighter abilities, but does anyone know why the mage abilities are not present? I really want to use dragons breath and improved alcracity (sp?)

You need to be level 18 in your Mage Class before you are allowed to choose level 10 spells. This is because you need to be able to cast level 9 spells in order to use level 10 spells.
Old 10-30-2001, 02:27 AM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by chickenhed:
huh..... i could have SWORN i tried putting it on a paladin once..... well cool!
If your Paladin is unable to use it, then you got a bug. I will quote from Balderdash,
Quote:
Updated Amulet Of Power Fix appears to be problem-free: the previous fix was bringing out the issue with dual-classed kits' restrictions following them into the second class, even when the first class was inactive. Fixes the confirmed usabilities for this item, allowing Rangers and Paladins to use it, as all spellcasters are entitled to use it, and disallowing Monks and Barbarians from it.
You can download a bug fix patch from the following URL, it fixes tonnes of bugs not covered by the usual game patch.
http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/fixes.html
Old 10-30-2001, 03:26 AM   #19
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

haha.. I didn't patch it. I like my monk wearing the amulet of power
Old 10-30-2001, 03:41 AM   #20
Balladeer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for sharing such a great tale. Thought I'd comment that I had success solo against the Shadow Dragon and Firkraag as well with my Monk. One Quivering Palm and...quivering dragon cadaver. They never knew what hit them.