Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 11:42 AM   #1
Bristowe
Elminster

Spoilers Ahead
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Right, if your soloing an archer or anything else for example, how the hell do you manage to beat (legitly):

Any of the dragons
Kangaxx
Irenicus BEFORE hell (at the tree of life)
Any other tough enemies that people find difficult

(i'm asking cos i'm curious, i'm not looking for battle tips or anything)
Old 06-14-2001, 11:47 AM   #2
Dunstan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILERS:
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I soloed a game not too long ago and beat the liches to form kangaxx by using protection from undead scrolls, they couldn't see me. As for kangaxx i waited until i got the flame tongue sword at the druid grove and used a protection from magic scroll on myself so his spells wouldnt work. I never beat any of the dragons except for the black dragon in suldessenar (spelling?), but of course i had taken the xp cap off so my fighter/mage/thief could actually get above 14th level. I tried to beat the dragons. They just were not high up on my list of things to do.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:04 PM   #3
Bristowe
Elminster

Ah, ok...yeah, dragons ARE hard if you don't use cheese I always have to have at least 4-5 characters to take down the BG2 dragons...What class were you tho Dunstan?

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"
Old 06-14-2001, 12:09 PM   #4
Dunstan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPoilers:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My first time solo i played a kensai/dualed to a mage, and i would only pick up the occasional NPC to do their side quests. At one point i had keldorn, minsc, anomen, ands aerie and after battling firkragg for what seemed like hours my character was the only one standing everyone else had been blown to smithereens, literally. My second solo was a F/M/T and i didn't pick up anyone for any quests. I played evil and decided to let the dragons live. I tried once with a group to beat the silver dragon and let me tell you +5 flesh armor is not worht the headache. Some people say you can beat them rather easily. I prefer to not cheese as well.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:23 PM   #5
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
I beat the dragons with Finger of Death (first I play Magic Resistance
on them). On Kangaxx I used Spell Immunity Abjuration on myself, then hit him with Melf's Minute Meteors. I used ALOT of meteors, then finished him off with Ring of the Ram. Cheesy, but hey, I solo a Cleric/Mage. Another nice tactic is to use Invisibilty with Blade Barrier. And a nice little Doom or Malison is not making that combo any worse.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:45 PM   #6
Bristowe
Elminster

Ah yes, Sanctuary/invis & Blade barrier, i use that too, cept kangaxx the bastard can see me for some reason and imprisons my ass...

------------------

Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"

[This message has been edited by Bristowe (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 01:45 PM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well if ur an archer, i suggest Guerrilla warfare agsainst the dragons, try to get the Staff of the Magi for spell turning (even if its just temporary itll help), im not sure about Irenicus, Liches try to remove spell protections or somethin, and beholders try the Cloak of Cheating (mirroring). Illithids should be dealt with if you have a greenstone amulet cuz of Psionics protection.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-14-2001, 02:17 PM   #8
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

I found irenicus incredibly easy with my Kensai/mage. I threw a bunch of minions at him, breach/pierced magic him then kicked his arse in with my swords. For the red dragon I did pretty much the same cept I had to use some cheese.....stinky cheese. But whatever works I can't solo with out being at least part mage
Old 06-14-2001, 05:45 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

For any soloing realated questions go to http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/ its the Baldurdash page run by Kevin dorner bloddy brilliant.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 08:44 PM   #10
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
Bristowe, if you are part mage, cast Spell Immunity Abjuration on yourself. That way you'll ignore all Imprisonment-spells he casts at you.