Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2002, 10:36 AM   #1
morningstar
The Magister

Sorry to hear about your berievment, I do hope you you are feeling better. It was terrible when the Forum was off-line, I was having withdrawal symtems! You know your sight is the best I have seen, and I looked at others whilst it was off-line. Just a vote of confidence for you and I am sure others will agree!
Old 08-18-2002, 10:50 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi morningstar!

Thanks very much for the kind words! I am a little confused as to what you are referring. I'm going to guess that you have been reading posts from last year when I lost one of my dearest cats and also ended up having cataract surgery in both eyes. My eyes are a lot better than they were prior to the surgeries though I find I am more sensitive to glare than previously. I can live with that! I miss Dozens a lot but have added more cats to my family and they are all such a pleasure! Included in the new cats is an Ocicat (they have spots which make them look very exotic) named Moon_ie. She's amazing and extremely curious. There isn't a cabinet or closet in the house that she hasn't figured out how to open and explore! I've lived with cats for 30 years and she's the first to be so thorough in going where no cat has gone before!

Thanks again for the kind thoughts!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
morningstar
The Magister

Your're welcome Wyv. I meant that I was looking at other sites on the internet for W & W and Wizardy 8 which I hope to be playing soon. I have been updating the computer but still I don't have enough requirements. I think I might just buy a new tower and be done with it. I will look forward to looking at your Wizardy 8 sight when I start to play. Your cats sound wonderful, I am an avid cat lover myself, I have 2 cats one is 14 years old Fluffy (very original name)?, she is a tabby, and Kitty Kitty, a silver tabby. I rescued her when tenants across the road from us abandoned her. She was very matted and sick when I brought her to our house, and after a visit to the Vet for spaying, she finally got better. She is a beautiful cat with a loving nature. I am also a dog lover and have a border collie named Max. He is the best guard dog and is very faithful to the family, and fretts if we leave him for a short time. What a joy animals bring to our lives.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:28 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Would love to see a picture of Max! You may have read somewhere on this board, that I do Border Collie rescue with a terrific group of people! We saved over 60 dogs this year! I have always had a lot of furry friends!! You can see some of mine over on the BC site www.armbcr.org - in the section Our Pets and "Jeanne's".

Ironworks already has a Wizardry 8 forum. I had intended to be fairly involved with that but found that I didn't like the game and stopped playing it. My complaints were/are: The character development is very unappealing to me. The game really is biased against changing classes so you best choose the right class from the start and of course, unless you read a lot of the posts on forums ahead of time, you can't really figure out what classes that might be until you've played for quite a while. The other factor which is really what stopped me playing the game is I don't like my genre mixed. I don't like a medieval world constantly being inundated with sci-fi. The latter Might & Magic games tended to do this but only at the very end of the game. Wiz 8 starts out with your characters in a spaceship and then you end up crash landing on what appears to be a medieval world. The further I explored in the game the more computers and robots appeared and the less and less I liked it. I started playing before Christmas last winter and needing to take time off to mass produce Christmas ornaments for my son's teachers I used that as an excuse to stop playing and never bothered to pick it up again. W&W is the only game I played beginning to end and really enjoyed in many years. I was playing Dungeon Siege and enjoying that but got busy. I may pick that one up again when I find I have the time.

Jeanne
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote