Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

So, whats this initiative thing, whats it do, and where can i get some?
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gah, here's me always telling people to use the search function, and then not doing it myself!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
Initiative determines the order of actions within a turn (i.e. the character with the highest initiative roll goes first, then the next one, etc.). Makes more difference in a turn-based system (where everything pauses for one character to take their turn, then the next, etc.). However, it can make a difference in real-time, as when you are trying to disrupt a wizard's spellcasting (get the hit in before he casts the spell). Improved Initiative adds +4 to the roll.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Just on a side notice, and sorry about stealing your thread, speaking of disrupting spellcasters, how is casting time implemented in NWN? How is it by official 3rd ed rules? In my game it seems to be equal for all spells.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

You can cast one spell per round. Quicken Spell and Haste both add another spell/round.

Initiative is mostly important in high level wizard duels as it determines who casts timestop first and who's dead as a result. Beyond that, it is typically nice to have but not essential.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote