Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ok, before I start, this is by no means advertisement for my forum, so Mods, feel free to edit or delete this thread if you feel it is.

Anyways, i wont go into too much detail yet unless I know that someone here can help me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ok, my forum currently has 1 MOD going, which is the Cash mod. I am running phpBB version 2.0.11, and I need help in figuring out how to properly install more mods, and seeing as how the phpBB site is soo huge and confusing I thought I would ask here.

So does anyone know anything about phpBB 2.0.11???
Old 01-01-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

I use another version of phpbb but so far the only thing I needed to do was upload extra stuff or edit some files. But maybe those files have a readme which explains how to install it.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
coyote696
The Magister

phillip all I know about them is how to post in em....lol. but a few days ago there was a poast in another forum i am a member of that said there was a new worm attacking those sites, not the users just the sites. so make sure you get all the latest security so it doesnt hit yours.

[ 01-01-2005, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: coyote696 ]
Old 01-01-2005, 09:55 AM   #4
philip
Galvatron

I read version 2.0.11 should be free of that worm. But here's the post from phpbb on it: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=240513
Old 01-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #5
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Hivetyrant said: " Need help with phpbb"

You need help blowing a raspberry? Well, all you have to do is put your tongue between your lips and blow.

Like this... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol problem solved!!!!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I suppose it does look like it would sound like that
Old 01-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hivetyrant,

I don't know alot about phpbb stuff but my husband recommends the community forums at http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/ , which I see philip has also linked for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think it's a very powerful software but also, as you noted, very big and cumbersome if you aren't familiar with all it's ins and outs.

Hope you get your problem fixed!
Old 01-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by coyote696:
phillip all I know about them is how to post in em....lol. but a few days ago there was a poast in another forum i am a member of that said there was a new worm attacking those sites, not the users just the sites. so make sure you get all the latest security so it doesnt hit yours.
There's more than one. The most serious at the moment is probably anti-santy, which tries to fix the security hole exploited by the Santy worm (which is already fairly much under control).
Old 01-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #9
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
Hivetyrant said: " Need help with phpbb"

You need help blowing a raspberry? Well, all you have to do is put your tongue between your lips and blow.

Like this... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LMAO...That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title!