Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 09:54 PM   #1
huma
The Magister

okay,I,m a cheater and I,m bad at it.Just began using shadowkeeper and have been trying to create items.CLUACONSOLE etc etc and it kept telling me the file did not exist.HMMMM? Played around awhile and...perfect...found the items list in shadowkeeper and began to extract the wanted items into my overide directory.HA HA time to kick some serious evil ass right? WRONG now it flashes a message to fast for me to see and the last two on my screen say"active stack" I am entering the wording correctly so what,s the problem.Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

__________________________________________________ ____________________

still trying to figure out and find a good sig
Old 11-26-2001, 10:24 PM   #2
chinese noodle
Manshoon

if it says active stack it means not that the item is wrong but the rest of it is wrong, write EXACTLY THIS

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxxx")

xxxx= your item (staf03 etc)
Old 11-26-2001, 11:33 PM   #3
huma
The Magister

Man does this ever suck.Everything is there I just can,t get it.
this is exactly what I enter:
eg- CLUAConsole:CreateItem(sw1h65.itm)-this is just how it appears on the shadowkeeper list,with the ".itm" at the end of it.These are the messages I get when entering the code:
lua:indexed expression not a table
active stack:
active stack:

I,m assuming the first line is referring to the description of the item I enter in the (brackets).All other sources I have found on cheating in items do not have the .itm added to the end of the code?
If I enter the code without the .itm added to the line,or in any other
slightly different way, it simply tells me "file does not exist"

return to forums,register disgust,return to game,and you get the idea

does it still look like I am entering the code incorrectly? why does the game only sort of recognize the line I enter when I add the".itm"
to the end.Item lists in other places on this web page don,t mention
anything about ".itm" in their descriptions??? I just don,t think I am entering the code line incorrectly.
Any other suggestions out there? thanks for the reply
Old 11-27-2001, 02:10 AM   #4
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Every other cheat has to be typed in using quotation marks so give it a go like this.......

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("sw1h65.itm");

I've never tried these kind of cheats myself though so this is just a guess [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 03:17 AM   #5
Whailor

Soilers to cheaters...

c
h
e
a
t
i
n
g

m
a
k
e
s

i
t

b
o
r
i
n
g

OK, here's the example how you wrote it:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem(sw1h65.itm)

which, by the way, is wrong. Now below is the way how to write it, so that it will actually work:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("sw1h65")

and done, the item is in the pack. Also, the stackable items can be "created" in stacks, say Identify scrolls:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrl75",100)

will pop to your inventory a stack of 100 Identify scrolls. Why you would need 'em? Well, every item what you create through the CLUAConsole must be identified, before you can use them. They come unidentified by default. And by the by, I don't exactly remember if the 'scrl75' is actually Identify scroll, I think it may be

If you really HAVE to cheat, then at least I see the CLUAConsole a bit "less of a cheating" then going wild with the ShadowKeeper. SK can be handy in some situations, but people also at times lose the mind due to all the power they can get through SK and then just mess things up
Old 11-27-2001, 11:20 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

"Also, the stackable items can be "created" in stacks, say Identify scrolls:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("scrl75",100)

will pop to your inventory a stack of 100 Identify scrolls."

this also works with charged items like wands
Old 11-27-2001, 08:43 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

ah, but shadowjeeper is a damn sight easier and can be used to fix some bugs. (if you know _exactly_ what your doing), whereas the console is hard to use (this is about the 3rd time this week someones asked for help) and is only for cheating.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:50 PM   #8
huma
The Magister

um well ah yes I was entering the code incorrectly all along.stupid stupid stupid.anyway thanks for all the replies.Oh,one other thing, I have completed the game,tob as well,several times and never got bored of playing once.After about 1 hour of editing and extracting with shadowkeeper, I,M BORED!!Time to start all over again.The only cheat I will use however is that i,m going to pump everyones movement rate up.It just seems to take forever to walk across an area after being there a couple of times. CYA