Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-08-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
Krynvull
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What a nice way to start! Compuserve (serve...what a unique name for a "server" that messes up as often as not!) has been shutting down on me.

Anyway.....I wanted to post an update on all your help but have been sidetracked with real life. I am a Varsity baseball coach and the season is just starting so I have been a little preoccupied. Hard to believe real life would take a front seat to BGII. (: Thanks to Moiraine, Entreri, Slackerboy and anyone else who has tried to help me get BGII reloaded. Nothing has worked and Norton tells me that my DVD drive is messing up and my Windows 98 OS has several errors of which either one could be keeping me from reloading BGII.

I am presently enjoying Heart of Winter using my CDR Drive and will wait until summer vacation to take my computer in for an overhaul. If you can think of anything else to do I will try it...otherwise thanks again! It's great to know that a circle of friends exists out in the world of the computer. Friends that will try and help someone with little experience with computers.

A friend,
Greg (Krynvull)
Old 04-08-2001, 11:14 PM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well. unfortunatly. you may be looking at a full system reinstall. involving formatting the hard drive to solve all the problems you are having. now this can be difficult to do if you havent done it before. also i have seen norton system works cause more problem than it fixes. but doing a full, clean reinstall would definatly remove all corruption from the system and give you a good operating environment.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 11:27 PM   #3
Krynvull
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Man!!!!!When I finally get rid of Compumess it will be a blessing. I signed an agreement that I am close to breaking just so I can have the pleasure of..of...of...oh what's the use. Thanks again Slackerboy. I am going to reformat the computer this summer and will probably not re-install Norton. I have heard from several people that it sometimes does nasty things to computers.
Old 04-08-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Krynvull:
Man!!!!!When I finally get rid of Compumess it will be a blessing. I signed an agreement that I am close to breaking just so I can have the pleasure of..of...of...oh what's the use. Thanks again Slackerboy. I am going to reformat the computer this summer and will probably not re-install Norton. I have heard from several people that it sometimes does nasty things to computers.
i do tech support for a living and have seen quite a few systems thrashed by norton system works. their antivirus is great. but the rest is just crap.

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 12:05 AM   #5
Ratweed
Manshoon

Yeah Norton completly messed up my comp when i had it on and it actually deleted system files so i had to do a complete hard drive format but now that nortons gone ive had good times