Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-13-2001, 11:17 PM   #1
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am on the Ninja ascension quest where I need to lower the drawbridge for Shurugeon castle. I go up the tower and I click on the lever. I go into the castle and when I come out the bridge is back up. I lower it again and I leave the castle via the drawbridge and when I go back to town, I am told I have not yet completed the quest. When I head back to the castle the drawbridge is back up. What do I need to do to keep the drawbridge down.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 01:00 AM   #2
Moni

Odd dilema!

Did you wake the dead in your attempt?
Try killing them all off first.

I took my Ninja wannabe back alone to lower the drawbridge after doing away with all the undead with my whole party but I learned later that everyone can tag along.

Let us know how you solve this one!
: )
Moni
Old 02-14-2001, 03:14 AM   #3
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I actually had the same problem although I doubt the cause is the same...

I had 'accidentally' parked my horse in the moat and was lowering the drawbridge down on the poor animal. I had to leave it in the upright position and then move the horse (I also managed to get him out of the moat too).

My only sugesstion is to look for something that is blocking the way. That might be it for you too.

PS the horse was okay although a little annoyed with me
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 11:05 PM   #4
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Moni: I am not sure what you mean by waking the dead. The undead in the area keep on respawning. Are you saying that you have to finish the castle first and kill Haleabus before being able to complete the ninja quest.

Meow: Interesting theory you have there. My horse is parked right in front of the castle but not in the moat. Even though he is not in the way, perhaps he is close enough that the game perceives it as so. I will move him away and see if it makes any difference.

Alira
Old 02-14-2001, 11:13 PM   #5
Moni

Alira,
No, just the undead outside the castle buildings but within the walls.
There is a spectre up in the tower with the lever that is easy to miss unless you go all the way up sometimes.
See if your spawn rate is set to often and it it is then put it back on normal until you can complete the quest to keep the bridge down and get your ascension to Ninja for it.
Moni

If it is not your horse blocking the bridge, check the moat for piranha that might be hindering your progress too.
Good Luck!
Old 02-15-2001, 10:29 PM   #6
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Moni: I finally got the drawbridge to stay down or so I thought. I am not sure if it was moving the horse or clicking on the lever again but it seemed to stay down for quite a while. Since I had got so much experience I decided to wait to the next level up to do the role change. So when I go back to town , I can't change. It turns out the bridge was back up. I put it down again and race back to town. I did manage to get there quick enough so now I do have a couple of ninjas in my group. I wonder why the bridge won't stay down permanently.
Old 02-15-2001, 10:35 PM   #7
Moni

Alira,
Congratulations on the well dseserved ascensions!
That is odd that the bridge keeps popping back up...it is usually only reset when someone asks for the Ninja Quest!
It is going to make it that much more difficult for you to finish Shurugeon Castle, having to make your way around to the broken wall every time but at least you were able to change roles!
I hope when you return that you find it still down and that it stays that way until you want to promote another of your characters to Ninja!
Happy Ghost Hunting!
; )
Moni
Old 02-16-2001, 10:18 PM   #8
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Moni,

Thanks! If the biggest problem I have with the game is the bridge not staying down, I will consider myself lucky. Shurugeon Castle is now finished so I don't have to worry about the bridge until I need to return for further Ninja quests. At least the samurai quests, I can swim along the moat to reach it. Off to the stout mines now.

Alira
Old 02-16-2001, 10:31 PM   #9
Moni

Have Fun!

Moni
Old 04-10-2001, 10:47 PM   #10
Moni

One of two possible solution threads for Ruthafud

Moni