Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 08:48 AM   #1
Morgot

What to do with Anaphes ash? Light don't do any good
Old 02-27-2001, 09:02 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YOu place the ash on the altar. YOu also have to place the Obelisk of Light on the pedestal which is being hit by a beam of light. THEN you need to move the decorative obelisks (which are to be found in most rooms) onto the squares that you will see on the floor.
This will redirect the beam of light all the way to the ashes on the altar. Takes a while to do it and sometimes you need to double check that all the obelisks are positioned correctly!

Good Luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 09:02 AM   #3
Shinobi

Here's what you do: Exit the shrine by using the kerah statue on the alter in the room with the square pool of water in it. visit kerah in her underground shrine. click on the Isis teleporter and get the oblelisk, this is what you use on the beam of light, this will difract the light. now you see those little square symbols on the floor leading from the beam of light room to anephas's alter? (the alter you can use his ash on) drag around the ornamental oblelisks that are dotted around the shrine (they're about waist hight) and put them on the symbols to direct the beam of light all the way to anephas' alter to hit his ashes and voila!!
Good luck and let us know if you're still having trouble.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:08 AM   #4
Shinobi

Damn Wyv, you beat me by 11 seconds. *sigh*
gotta type faster...
Old 02-27-2001, 09:16 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Shinobi - lol!!!

It's a long standing tradition that I (not by design) prepost about everyone at one time or another. Tis my curse!!!
And your reply was more thorough than mine by telling where to find the light obelisk! Every post helps!!

Wyv
Old 02-27-2001, 09:22 AM   #6
Shinobi

Yeah, i thought i'd better put in the bit about where to get the obelisk of light because i missed it the first time i visited kerah. then i got stuck again with the ornamental obelisks because they don't show up with spirit eye so i ignored them (but why do those stupid old urn's show up on spirit eye? they don't do anything!)
Old 02-27-2001, 09:26 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Spirit Eye - I've always presumed that such "errors" in the spirt eye were the result of this game getting rushed towards the end. There seem to be so many things that they planned on doing and just ran out of time and resources to complete. Even so, it's a great game!

Wyv
Old 02-27-2001, 09:46 AM   #8
Shinobi

It is a fantastic game i agree. I heard that initially you were to have a 3rd person view of all you characters and control them serparately, that would have been amazing! Kinda a 3D baldur's gate (sort of, i love BG 1&2 by the way). Must have been dissapointing for the programmers to scrap all that hard work, its probably why the game got mediocre reviews, everyone thinks it was supposed to be a M&M 6 style of game when really it was originally nothing like it. Oh well, its still a killer game!
Old 02-27-2001, 09:58 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Game reviewers are a sore point with me - even though a good friend of mine is a game reviewer (used to write for Computer Gaming World). I've read some of the reviews on W&W and after playing it and spending time on this board, I totally do not understand why it was so badly panned. What bothers me is that the bad reviews hurt the game's sales and bad sales decrease the chances that we will see a W&W 2.

I just hope Bradley STILL visits this forum and knows that there is a market for a sequel!

Anyone know of game sites where players can post reviews or comments on a game to counteract the "official reviews"?? That might prove useful too!

Wyv