Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I just found this out today. What you need to do, is get exactly 5000gc. (You could have more, but it's alot faster and easier with exactly 5000.)

Here's what you do.

Step 1: Get exactly 5000gc

Step 2: Go visit creeper and *sell* your 5000 gold. *Note: This only works with Creeper, as other merchants won't buy gold.*

Step 3: Find a bed, and rest for 24 hours. (I found that this works best at the female orc's house, as you can kill her with no reprocussions.)

Step 4: Repeat steps 2 through 3 as many times as you want.

Step 5: Kill Creeper. Yep. That's right. Kill him.

Step 6: Loot his corpse. Depending on how many times you sold him 5000gc, he should have that amount multiplied by how many times you slept. (Think of it 200 days x 5000gc = 1,000,000gc!)

I spent Two and a half hours doing this, and finally quit at 43,000,000 gold pieces. I had thoughts against killing Creeper, but with that much money, I really wouldn't need him again.

*Note: When you do this, do it in abundance. You can only do this once, as no other merchant will buy money.*
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
I just found this out today. What you need to do, is get exactly 5000gc. (You could have more, but it's alot faster and easier with exactly 5000.)

Here's what you do.

Step 1: Get exactly 5000gc

Step 2: Go visit creeper and *sell* your 5000 gold. *Note: This only works with Creeper, as other merchants won't buy gold.*

Step 3: Find a bed, and rest for 24 hours. (I found that this works best at the female orc's house, as you can kill her with no reprocussions.)

Step 4: Repeat steps 2 through 3 as many times as you want.

Step 5: Kill Creeper. Yep. That's right. Kill him.

Step 6: Loot his corpse. Depending on how many times you sold him 5000gc, he should have that amount multiplied by how many times you slept. (Think of it 200 days x 5000gc = 1,000,000gc!)

I spent Two and a half hours doing this, and finally quit at 43,000,000 gold pieces. I had thoughts against killing Creeper, but with that much money, I really wouldn't need him again.

*Note: When you do this, do it in abundance. You can only do this once, as no other merchant will buy money.*
I much prefer to keep Creeper alive. Besides, by the time you hit level 12 or so you have so much money you don't even know what to do with it. Creeper is fast and convenient for sellign all that daedric, ebony, and all that other pricey stuff.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Still, I did this at level 1.

With 42,000,000gc at level one, you don't need creeper any more.

And anyway, you can always sell those pricey items to the smith in Mournhold's Godsreach. He has 8000gc, which is 300 more than creeper.

(I wonder if you can do the same thing with him... 10,000 would be alot faster than 5000... hmmm.)
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Actually, I forgot why you need money, exactly. Enchanting, maybe, or spell creating, but if your a pure melee type, I find money is worthless after a bit.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I kept the Creeper alive. IIRC Creeper buy things at a cost price while the one in mournhold buy things at a lesser price.

If I'm not mistaken most people used a Creeper mod where the Creeper got lots of money.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 AM   #6
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Unless you're playing on the XBox, why bother spending 2 1/2 hours repeating the same thing over and over? Just use the console to give yourself as much money as you want.

Also, you don't need Creeper to get unlimited money from merchants: thanks to the bugs in Mercantile, a first level character straight off the boat can get unlimited money right in Seyda Neen. Just buy items from Arille and then sell them back for more than you paid. This works with most NPC merchants in the game (doesn't work with creature merchants, since they buy and sell at the same price).
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Erm...thanks, but no thanks, i'll sell my stuff for full prices instead with the mod that gives all regular traders 60K. Much less fuss.