Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 08-01-2002, 02:41 AM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

Sorry about posting this as a separate topic, I don't seem to be able to get a reply buried deep in one of the topics.

Er um

I must be thick. I have just managed to connect my PC through my router, as well as my Mac, so I am talking to you for the first time through my PC.

I have tried various ways of connecting to Undermountain but I am not having much luck, and although I mostly know what I am doing on computers I have never ever played a multiplayer game before.

I have tried typing 65.32.176.202 straight into my browser to connect with Undermountain but I keep getting this page cannot be displayed.

Maybe this is the response when the server is full, I don't know. Don't think so.

When I click on multiplayer in my NWN game I create my new account but it comes up with try another nick.

It has told me that with three new accounts now, and surely nobody uses the name I used for my character!!!!!!

I have just downloaded Gamespy to make sure it is OK and that checks out fine.

I have also created a three new accounts, and I would like to clear them from the data so I can retry and start again. How do I do this, I have looked in my NWN folder but have no clue where to look to delete.

I cannot find a way to type in the IP code in my multiplayer box, so I presumed that I do it in my browser, which I have done.

Forgive me if I appear slightly confused, could someone spell out the exact way to go about it, and if I am doing it right, ?????? and where am I going wrong.

I have done a search for Escape from Undermountain like Ziroc said, but the only thing resembling that is a link to a website called Skullport..... Don't think it is that.

Have tried all last night and am getting P.....d off now.

Thanks
Lady Zidane
Old 08-01-2002, 04:09 PM   #2
Tomas Darknite
Dungeon Master

You must download gamespy [URL=http://www.gamespy.com/,]and then create an account. Open nwn load your game and save your character not your game. Exit your game to main menu, select multiplayer and gamespy will automatically start, if you already created an account just click ok and the server screen will come up with 100's of servers in different categories (role play or action and so on) if you have the ip address just click direct connect and type in ip address no password required. And that’s it. Have fun and we'll see you there!!!!

Sir Tomas Darknite __________________________________________________ ____________________ "Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valour, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar."

"I like a man who grins when he fights."

[ 08-01-2002, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Tomas Darknite ]
Old 08-01-2002, 05:36 PM   #3
Zidane
Manshoon

Hi Tomas

I have done all that, created numerous new accounts and each time I try to connect it says retry, try another nick. I am patched to the hilt as well, up to 1.21.

I have linked directly to Gamespy and I still have trouble getting to even find an internet game, whichever way I try it won't work for me.

I think I will reinstall Gamespy, and give myself a new account.

Since I have now got lots of accounts which are now useless, direct from my NWN game, how do I delete them? Or can't I?

I am getting very fed up now.

Ooooh, by the way, if and when I manage this, my character is level 20 (Ranger 13 Cleric 7), will I be allowed in Undermountain or will I have to create myself a new character?

Cheers

A very fed up Lady Zidane
Old 08-01-2002, 05:56 PM   #4
Tomas Darknite
Dungeon Master

I had the same problem until I downloaded gamespy directly to my harddrive for it to work. let me know if that works

[ 08-01-2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Tomas Darknite ]
Old 08-01-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
Zidane
Manshoon

Well, I have just uninstalled Gamespy and reinstalled it again.

I have my folder on my hard drive with everything in it, and I still don't have any luck.

Is there anything else I can do, I presume that this is the way to install it to my hard drive.

I also, went directly onto gamespy using their shortcut, and tried to log into a NWN game, it just hung there, didn't show me any games, and the game tab is greyed out.

Do I need to contact anybody via Playerspy and ask them to let me put them on my buddy list? Is that the way to do it?

As I have never played a multiplayer game, LAN or Online, I am a little unsure of exactly what to do. I presume I am doing it correctly.

I have XP installed, would that make a difference, and I have turned my personal firewall off, and also allowed the gamespy to go through my firewall. I am also running off a router, but because I can get everything else on the web, I wouldn't think that this would be a problem. I wonder if I ought to PM Ziroc, do you think he would mind?

Cheers

Lady Zidane

I must have about 8 new accounts in my NWN log now, still don't know if I can delete them.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:23 PM   #6
Tomas Darknite
Dungeon Master

Quote:
I have XP installed, would that make a difference, and I have turned my personal firewall off, and also allowed the gamespy to go through my firewall. I am also running off a router, but because I can get everything else on the web, I wouldn't think that this would be a problem. I wonder if I ought to PM Ziroc, do you think he would mind?
Yes I believe that would make a difference, your security settings are probably causing your problems. I have ME on my home PC and it works fine but at work I have XP and it doesn’t work, not sure how to reconfigure Internet settings for XP, maybe somebody else does???
And no I don't think he would mind.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Which version of NWN is Z running on the server running??? v1.19, v1.20 or v1.21???

I can't find the Escape from undermountain server listed and when I try the direct connect I get "connection failed" and I am wondering if its a version compatibility issue?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 10:33 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Which version of NWN is Z running on the server running??? v1.19, v1.20 or v1.21???

I can't find the Escape from undermountain server listed and when I try the direct connect I get "connection failed" and I am wondering if its a version compatibility issue?
It's not up at the moment--check the status of the server at the top of the forum page, it will tell you when it's up or down.

(Remember to do a refresh every so often to to see if the status changes)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL,

My bad Z .... I could have sworn somebody said they got in tonight.

Which version are you running? Fully patched v1.21, or the retro v1.20???

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 03:26 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
LOL,

My bad Z .... I could have sworn somebody said they got in tonight.

Which version are you running? Fully patched v1.21, or the retro v1.20???
We always update when a patch is released--within an hour of it being released.

Current version as of Aug 2, 2002 is v1.21

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote