Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-20-2000, 01:02 PM   #1
eolair

I am desperately seeking an exit from the tomb, my party is almost dead and need some curing, but my priest has already past away and my homecoming spell fizzles all the time, is there some exit? Every time I push the button on the other side of the pit, (where the spikes come through the ceiling) I fall in the pit.
Or do I have to go through with this suicide-mission and hope the best for it
Old 12-20-2000, 02:49 PM   #2
Wurstblinker

"On the other side of the pit" there should be a button at the wall. Press it and you should be teleported over the pit and you can leave...
Old 12-20-2000, 04:49 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Another handy hint is to create a portal close to the start of your crypt / dungeon etc (ie after you pull the lever to switch the scenery) and just teleport back to it when you are ready to leave.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 06:45 PM   #4
Lorelei

That button only worked for me once out of twenty tries, and I tried moving close to the pit, away from the pit, everything. And I think the Teleport and Call of Home spells don't work in a dungeon, at least that's what I've heard. You don't have any saved games from before the dungeon? Try getting through it, I guess, rather than returning to town, and then Create Portal to return to the area outside later and Call of Home back to town. Good luck!
Old 12-21-2000, 09:19 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Call of home won't work in a dungeon. Teleport won't work in every dungeon, but has never failed me in this one. You can cast one portal for every map scene. I can't teleport to a portal in the Lost sea region - it fails every time. I can call of home back to Brimloch. From there I teleport to a portal outside the entrance to Anephas's temple. I go in, hit the switch to load the tomb scenery, then once that is complete, teleport to an internal portal close to the tomb exit. Then it's hit the switch and I am back in the lost sea area.

Until I found the exit to the tomb, I used a portal at the tomb entrance. Whenever I was loaded up with good stuff, I teleported back there for a fast exit to Brimloch. I only used the button on the opposite side of the pit once, and it teleported me over the pit. If the button doesn't work all the time, maybe it functions like a vanish spell (teleported in a random direction). In fact, if the button is failing continuously, you could try vanish - you should get across the pit sooner or later, and it may be more reliable.
Old 12-21-2000, 11:14 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

I can teleport to the lost sea area, only not to the part of land of Cet's temple, so I can teleport to near Colassium (ending up under water), and just south of Cet's area there is a small area of land, with Talrik's broken cart on it, that I can teleport to as well.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 04:48 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Carg,

Do you have the patch installed (not that it should make a difference). I have not made any successful teleport in the Lost sea area. I have tried creating portals at several locations (haven't tried underwater yet), walk 2 or 3 paces away and the spell still fizzles?? Call of home has no such problems from here - puzzling???